Developing Topic Abstract Submissions
All abstract submissions have closed for AAIC 2016. Sign up for email updates to be notified when submissions open for AAIC 2017.
Developing Topic submissions are designed to bring the latest research findings in the field to AAIC attendees. Specifically, Developing Topic abstracts present research findings that were not available at the time of the general abstract submission deadline in February.
Note: AAIC 2016 Developing Topic abstracts will be considered for poster presentation only unless the research is considered to be late-breaking.
- Late-breaking research/newness of information.
- Potential impact on the research community.
- Quality of scientific research.
- Relevance to Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Topics of interest include basic and translational science, diagnosis and prognosis, therapeutics, and public health and psychosocial issues.
- Previously submitted/reviewed abstracts will not be considered.
- A limited number of abstracts are selected, with selection based on timeliness and scientific merit.
- Only under extraordinary circumstances will abstracts without results be considered.
- Accepted abstracts are published in an online supplement to the Association's journal, Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Developing Topic abstracts must be submitted via the online system.
- Developing Topic abstracts are not accepted for the Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium or Technology and Dementia.
- Developing Topic abstracts do not include the AAIC Featured Research Session format.
- An individual may be the presenting author on one oral presentation (includes a featured research session) and two posters slotted on different days. Exception: An author may present in two oral platforms as long as one is a Developing Topic session.
Save on Travel to AAIC 2016
Register for AAIC 2016 and make your travel plans for Toronto using special discounted rates. Book your flight through our exclusive partnership with Star Alliance™ to save up to 20 percent on airfare and receive discounted hotel rates in one of the official conference room blocks.