Developing Topic Abstract Submissions
Developing topic submissions open on April 18, 2016. To receive the latest developing topic submission information, sign up for AAIC emails.
Developing Topic submissions are designed to bring the latest research findings in the field to AAIC attendees. Specifically, they are abstracts in which the research findings are not available by the general abstract submission deadline in February.
Submissions are open April 18 – May 2, 2016.
Note: AAIC 2016 Developing Topic abstracts will be considered for poster presentation only unless the research is considered to be late-breaking.
- Late-breaking research/newness of information.
- Potential impact on the research community.
- Quality of scientific research.
- Relevance to Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Topics of interest include basic and translational science, diagnosis and prognosis, therapeutics, and public health and psychosocial issues.
- Previously submitted/reviewed abstracts will not be considered (Exception: Abstracts submitted as part of a non-selected Featured Research Session (FRS) are eligible for re-submission).
- A limited number of abstracts are selected, with selection based on timeliness and scientific merit.
- Only under extraordinary circumstances will abstracts without results be considered.
- Accepted abstracts are published in an online supplement to the Association's journal, Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Developing Topic abstracts must be submitted via the online system.
- Developing Topic abstracts are not accepted for the Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium or Technology and Dementia.
- Developing Topic abstracts do not include the AAIC Featured Research Session format.
- An individual may be the presenting author on one oral presentation (includes a featured research session) and two posters slotted on different days. Exception: An author may present in two oral platforms as long as one is a Developing Topic session.
Register today for AAIC
AAIC registration is now open! Reserve your spot today to join the world’s leading Alzheimer’s disease and dementia researchers, clinicians and practitioners as they gather to share and discuss the latest in dementia science.
New this year – Emerging Concepts in Basic Science
Learn more about the newest addition to AAIC 2016, the Emerging Concepts series. This innovative series is designed to provide basic scientists with specific sessions focused on tau, inflammation and secretase biology.