Technology and Dementia – an AAIC preconference
General abstract submission is now closed.
Authors may select from two presentation formats when submitting an abstract for the Technology and Dementia preconference, including:
Poster Presentation (individual)
- Grouped by topic.
- Accepted posters will be scheduled for presentation on Saturday, July 23, 2016.
- An author may be the presenting author on two posters.
- Poster format:
- Meters: 2.39m (wide) x 1.17m (high).
- Inches: 94in (wide) x 46in (high).
- We advise printing your poster slightly smaller than the dimensions above to allow room for the poster number. No audiovisual equipment is available for poster presentations. Pushpins or tape will be provided.
Oral Session (individual)
- 15 minutes per presentation.
- Accepted oral sessions will be scheduled for presentation on Saturday, July 23, 2016
- A person may be the presenting author on one oral presentation.
- Submitted oral session abstracts that are not selected may be considered for a poster presentation.
Selection of a theme per abstract allows submitters to "self-identify" the area in which the abstract best fits. This identification is the first step in sorting abstracts for the planning committee, who will take this identification into consideration when creating sessions.
Technology and Dementia Abstract Submission Themes
- Big data/data security
- Commercialization of research
- Design/ergonomics/human-computer interaction
- Diagnosis/progression monitoring/population studies
- Ethical, privacy, legal, dataset ownership and use examples, social implications
- Interventions (cognitive, lifestyle coaching, use of tablets in trials, outcome measures when using computer patient self-reports)
- Self-management by people with dementia
- Wearable sensors/mobile apps/”Internet of things”
Save on Travel to AAIC 2016
Register for AAIC 2016 and make your travel plans for Toronto using special discounted rates. Book your flight through our exclusive partnership with Star Alliance™ to save up to 20 percent on airfare and receive discounted hotel rates in one of the official conference room blocks.