Dementia Care Research and Practice Submissions
AAIC welcomes and encourages the attendance of researchers and practitioners in dementia care.
Dementia Practice Proposals (Criteria and Topics)
Proposals concerning diverse dementia care practices are encouraged, from programs for people with dementia—such as the use of art, music and technology—to programs for care and support, such as culture change, staff training and case management.
The themes, topics and subtopics for proposal submission(s) are listed below and are selected within the abstract submission site. You will be instructed to follow these steps:
- Click on "Begin a Submission for AAIC Individual Abstract Submission (oral or poster)"
- Select "Public Health and Psychosocial"
- Submit to "Dementia Care Practice"
Public Health and Psychosocial
- Innovative programs and practices
- Leadership and staff development
- Policy and systems change
- Program evaluation and care interventions
Dementia Care Research
- Assessment and care planning
- Behavioral interventions
- Community care
- Cross-cultural studies and cultural/linguistic adaptations
- Family/lay caregiving
- Instrument development, program evaluation and translation
- Long-term care
- Use of technologies
- Therapeutic strategies and interventions
Care Practice abstracts that detail any activity, process, or intervention that meet any of the following criteria will be considered:
- Based on published research or theory (example: Use of non-pharmacological interventions to reduce dementia related behavior)
- Details implementation of an innovative care program or practice (example: Using technology to coordinate care planning across care settings)
- Provides hypotheses for future research (example: Can planned social engagement activities in the community reduced the stigma of Alzheimer' disease?)
- Provides information to inform policy development or system change (example: Treating patient-caregiver dyad during same clinical visit improved patient and caregiver health)
- Outcomes that inform staff leadership and staff development in the acute and post-acute care settings, including hospitals, assisted living and long term care (example: Bi-annual training of dementia direct care direct workers reduced staff turnover)
Note: Abstracts that focus on a single commercial product or program (example: promotional or marketing presentations) will not be considered.
An author may present up to two posters as long as they are scheduled on different dates.
- Poster format:
- Layout: landscape
- Meters: 1.93m (wide) x 0.84m (high)
- Inches: 76in (wide) x 33in (high)
We advise printing your poster slightly smaller than the dimensions above to allow room for the poster number. No audiovisual equipment is available for poster presentations. Tape will be provided.
- We advise printing your poster slightly smaller than the provided dimensions to allow room for the poster number. No audiovisual equipment is available for poster presentations. Tape will be provided.
- 15 minutes per presentation.
- Oral sessions will be grouped by the Scientific Program Committee and are comprised of six presentations per session.
- The total length of one oral session is 1.5 hours.
- A person may be the presenting author on one oral presentation.
- Accepted oral presentations will be scheduled between Sunday, July 16 and Thursday, July 20, 2017.
- Submitted oral session abstracts that are not selected may be considered for a poster presentation.
Submission deadline: January 30 (ISTAART members extended deadline is February 2).
Submit your abstract >
Abstract Submissions Now Open!
The Scientific Program Committee is now accepting submissions for poster presentations, oral presentations and featured research sessions. Submission deadline is January 30. Need more time? Become an ISTAART member and extend your deadline until February 2.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
Exclusive Member Benefit
ISTAART Members receive an extended abstract submission deadline of February 2! Join today and receive this exclusive member benefit and more.
July 16 – 20: Annual Conference
July 14 – 15: Preconferences
July 16 – 19: Exhibit Dates
Join Us for AAIC 2017
Cobblestone streets, fish and chips and entertainment old and new await you!
Registration opens in February.