Developing Topics Abstract Submissions
Developing Topic submissions are designed to bring the latest research findings in the field to AAIC attendees. Specifically, they are abstracts in which the research findings were not available by the general abstract submission deadline in February.
Abstract submission is now closed. Developing Topics abstract notifications will be sent via email by June 3, 2019.
Note: Developing Topics abstracts will be considered for poster presentation only unless the research is considered to be late-breaking. The majority of Developing Topics presentations will be scheduled on Wednesday, July 17, 2019.
- Late-breaking research/timeliness of information.
- Potential impact on the research community.
- Quality of scientific research.
- Relevance to Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Topics of interest include basic and translational science, diagnosis and prognosis, therapeutics and public health and psychosocial issues.
- Previously submitted/reviewed abstracts will not be considered (Exception: Abstracts submitted as part of a non-selected Featured Research Session (FRS) are eligible for re-submission).
- A limited number of abstracts are selected, with selection based on timeliness and scientific merit.
- Only under extraordinary circumstances will abstracts without results be considered.
- Accepted abstracts are published in an online supplement to the Association's journal, Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Developing Topics abstracts must be submitted via the online system.
- Developing Topics abstracts are not accepted for the Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium or Technology and Dementia.
- Developing Topics abstracts do not include the AAIC Featured Research Session format.
- Exception: An author may present in two oral platforms as long as one is a Developing Topics session.
Become an ISTAART Member
Members of this professional society stay connected to the field through exclusive member benefits and programs. Join for just $30* at the Alzheimer's Association (Booth 500).
*Offer available onsite at AAIC (through 7/18/19). Applies only to registrants who paid the non-member fee.
Preconferences & Educational Workshops
Learn the basics or brush up on your skills by attending an AAIC preconference or educational workshop. These events provide the opportunity to explore the newest findings and practices for the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.