Developing Topic Abstract Submissions
Developing Topic submissions are designed to bring the latest research findings in the field to AAIC attendees. Specifically, they are abstracts in which the research findings are not available by the general abstract submission deadline in February.
Developing topic submissions open on April 17, 2017 and are open through May 1, 2017. To receive the latest developing topic submission information, sign up for AAIC emails.
Note: Developing Topic abstracts will be considered for poster presentation only unless the research is considered to be late-breaking. The majority of Developing Topic presentations will be scheduled on Wednesday, July 19, 2017.
- Late-breaking research/newness of information.
- Potential impact on the research community.
- Quality of scientific research.
- Relevance to Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Topics of interest include basic and translational science, diagnosis and prognosis, therapeutics and public health and psychosocial issues.
- Previously submitted/reviewed abstracts will not be considered (Exception: Abstracts submitted as part of a non-selected Featured Research Session (FRS) are eligible for re-submission).
- A limited number of abstracts are selected, with selection based on timeliness and scientific merit.
- Only under extraordinary circumstances will abstracts without results be considered.
- Accepted abstracts are published in an online supplement to the Association's journal, Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Developing Topic abstracts must be submitted via the online system.
- Developing Topic abstracts are not accepted for the Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium or Technology and Dementia.
- Developing Topic abstracts do not include the AAIC Featured Research Session format.
- Exception: An author may present in two oral platforms as long as one is a Developing Topic session.
ISTAART members receive discounted registration rates and can access exclusive events at AAIC. Join today to receive these exclusive member benefits.
July 16 – 20: Annual Conference
July 14 – 15: Preconferences
July 16 – 19: Exhibit Dates
Join Us for AAIC 2017
Cobblestone streets, fish and chips and entertainment old and new await you!