AIC Fellowship Opportunities
A limited number of fellowships, in the form of complimentary Alzheimer’s Imaging Consortium (AIC) registration, are available for early career scientists. Awardees will be chosen based on the anonymous reviewers’ ratings of their oral or poster abstract submission.
AIC Registration Fellowship Requirements
Only individuals within 10 years of their terminal degree (M.D./Ph.D.) or within five years of completing a fellowship, whichever is greatest, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be the presenting author on the submitted abstract.
- The submitted abstract must be accepted for a poster presentation or oral presentation at the AIC.
- Applicants must indicate an understanding and acceptance of the Criteria and the Guidelines below:
- Applicants MUST NOT REGISTER FOR AIC PRIOR TO RECEIVING AWARD NOTIFICATION. Awardees will not be reimbursed for booking their conference registration. Failure to adhere to this guideline will result in forfeiture of all or part of the fellowship as determined by the Association.
- Applicants will be notified of the results by the end of April 2014, using the email address provided during the abstract submission process. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide updated contact information to the Association.
- Failure to accept the fellowship by the designated date will result in forfeiture of the fellowship. There are no exceptions.
In order to qualify as an applicant for an AIC Registration Fellowship, individuals must submit an abstract for AIC and indicate the need for a fellowship in the last step of the abstract submission process. Please review the following requirements and obtain the necessary documents prior to beginning your abstract submission:
- Write a statement of need (max 300 words)
- Provide a letter of recommendation