Dementia Care Research and Practice Track
We will be offering the two-day Dementia Care Research and Practice Track again this year at AAIC 2015. Consisting of oral sessions and poster presentations for both researchers and dementia care practitioners, this track is the perfect place to discover how practice and research come together to help solve the current topics facing Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
The sessions on July 20th and 21st (Monday and Tuesday) will feature the latest research and updates regarding epidemiology, health economics, policy, psychosocial factors related to dementia, and innovative dementia care practices.
Oral and poster presentations for inclusion in the track will be selected based on the objectives below:
- Advance the dementia care field by showcasing evidence-based programs and practices.
- Stimulate discussion on person-centered care for individuals with dementia.
- Disseminate information to thought leaders and change agents in the field of dementia care.
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas and collaborations amongst international care experts.
- Acute and long-term issues relating to the burden of illness on individuals and caregivers, socioeconomic concerns, research and ethics.
- Further elucidation of the pathophysiology of aging, Alzheimer’s disease and other geriatric syndromes, including potential targets for therapy and recommendations for prevention.
- Therapeutic breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s disease and innovative strategies on the horizon.
Please note that you must specifically select “Dementia Care Research and Practice Track” during AAIC registration in order to attend.
Registration now open
Are you interested in being a part of the largest Alzheimer’s and dementia conference in the world? Registration is now open for AAIC 2015! Reserve your spot prior to May 15 to take advantage of early-bird pricing.