Dementia Care Research and Practice Track
We will be offering the two-day Dementia Care Research and Practice Track (DCRP) again this year at AAIC 2015. Consisting of oral sessions and poster presentations for both researchers and dementia care practitioners, this track is the perfect place to discover how practice and research come together to help solve the current topics facing Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
The sessions on July 20th and 21st (Monday and Tuesday) will feature the latest research and updates regarding epidemiology, health economics, policy, psychosocial factors related to dementia, and innovative dementia care practices.
In order to attend this two-day track you must click Dementia Care Research & Practice Track (DCRP) and enter event code DCRP at the top of the Profile page in the Promo/Event code box. This session will automatically appear in your pending purchasing box.
Registration rates for DCRP:
Advance rates on or before May 15, 2015 - $495
Rates after May 15, 2015 - $550
Oral and poster presentations for inclusion in the track will be selected based on the objectives below:
- Advance the dementia care field by showcasing evidence-based programs and practices.
- Stimulate discussion on person-centered care for individuals with dementia.
- Disseminate information to thought leaders and change agents in the field of dementia care.
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas and collaborations amongst international care experts.
- Acute and long-term issues relating to the burden of illness on individuals and caregivers, socioeconomic concerns, research and ethics.
- Further elucidation of the pathophysiology of aging, Alzheimer’s disease and other geriatric syndromes, including potential targets for therapy and recommendations for prevention.
- Therapeutic breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s disease and innovative strategies on the horizon.
If you have any questions about the registration for the DCRP, please contact AAIC@alz.org.