Dementia Care Research and Practice Track
Where research and practice share the spotlight
Monday, July 14 and Tuesday July 15, 2014
New this year! AAIC 2014 will offer a Dementia Care Research and Practice Track consisting of oral sessions and poster presentations for both researchers and dementia care practitioners. This new track combines the former Social Behavioral Track and the Dementia Care Conference offered at AAIC 2013.
This two-day track will feature the latest research and updates regarding epidemiology, health economics, policy, psychosocial factors related to dementia, and innovative dementia care practices. Oral and poster presentations for inclusion in the track will be selected based on the objectives below:
- Advance the dementia care field by showcasing evidence-based programs and practices.
- Stimulate discussion on person-centered care for individuals with dementia.
- Disseminate information to thought leaders and change agents in the field of dementia care.
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas and collaborations amongst international care experts.
- Acute and long-term issues relating to the burden of illness on individuals and caregivers, socioeconomic concerns, research and ethics.
- Further elucidation of the pathophysiology of aging, Alzheimer’s disease and other geriatric syndromes, including potential targets for therapy and recommendations for prevention.
- Therapeutic breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s disease and innovative strategies on the horizon.
The track is available at a special two-day registration rate.
Registration opens in February 2014.