If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, complete the application (CLICK HERE ). Scroll down for current volunteer opportunities. For more information, contact Meredith Barrett, Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com or 206.529.3886.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Become a Support Group Leader - Facilitate a support group for Alzheimer's family members or friends as well as specialized groups for the early-diagnosed individual.
- Become an Advocate - Help shape laws and policies in Washington State by communicating Association positions to legislators and educating them about Alzheimer-related issues. Association advocates have helped raise government funds for Alzheimer's research and improved access to long-term care in our community.
- Walk to End Alzheimer's - Join us in the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support and research. The Walk to Alzheimer's movement unites the community in a display of combined strength and dedication. Sponsors, team captains, walk participants, and volunteers are the leaders in the effort to defeat this devastating disease. Walk to End Alzheimer's would not be possible without the support of our fantastic volunteers! As a volunteer, your contribution of time and energy to make the event a success is invaluable. In 2014, we will host 11 Walks throughout our Western and Central Washington service area and will need your help!
- Health Fair Volunteer - Promote community awareness and education by representing the Alzheimer's Association at health fairs and exhibit tables at conferences. Distribute information and answer basic questions about chapter services; training provided.
- Speakers Bureau - As more people hear about Alzheimer's disease, they seek more information about the disease itself, plus new directions in research and community resources. Organizations, corporations, and service clubs request speakers throughout the year. Speakers Bureau volunteers are professionals who educate and inform; training and presentations provided.
- Helpline Program Data Entry - Our Helpline Program needs dedicated volunteers to enter statistical data that will help the chapter better serve our Helpline callers and to plan for the future.
- Administrative Assistance - Provide support and assistance to Chapter staff by completing general office duties; mailings, data entry, word processing, receptionist, hand-addressing, telephoning, filing and other general projects.