The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you!
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer's disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as one of the top ten Best Nonprofits in 2013 in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work. We are proud to say that this is the fourth year in a row that we've won this award! We offer an excellent work environment and career development opportunities, coupled with competitive benefits and pay.
The CRM Business Systems Analyst supports the technical administration of Association CRM applications and participates in the implementation and management of projects relating to CRM systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as technical administrator for CRM applications, including general support to users, running queries and reports, modifying site settings, creating new codes and user account maintenance.
- Analyze and document the business needs of the end users to determine the appropriate solutions to business problems and develop complete and accurate business requirements. Translate business requirements into specifications to be used by application development team.
- Develop and deploy project plans, test plans and training needed to ensure business requirements and user acceptance has been met.
- Collaborate with data management team to ensure the quality of data shared by fundraising systems and other applications. Participate in upgrade planning and testing. Develop and execute test scripts and track testing results.
- Provide ad-hoc training on usage of CRM functionality. Develop presentations and training materials as appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience in implementing and supporting technical solutions in a business environment.
- Experience with CRM systems that are used by non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of program service delivery, fundraising, marketing and financial procedures and best practices of non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of solutions development life cycles, used adoption strategies, and best practices for effective CRM implementations.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizations, and computer skills (MS Office, etc.), as well as competent proofreading, editing, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Proven ability to multitask, plan and meet deadlines under time constraints, and work independently and collaboratively.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Ability to read and write on both a technical level and user level
- Ability to communicate with staff, chapter staff, and vendors in person, on the telephone, and/or via electronic mail
- Ability to work with user community to develop application design specifications from user descriptions of functional needs.
Send your resume and cover letter:
- by email:
- by mail:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, National Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
If apply ing by e-mail, please attach your resume and
cover letter as Microsoft Word documents, or include
both within the text of your e-mail message.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.