Process day-to-day benefit transactions for all employees including health coverage, group life insurance, optional life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible benefits, and 401(k) plan. Processing includes employee enrollment, changes and terminations, coordination with carriers and providers for all employees. Maintain all employee information in the HRIS system known as ADP HR/Benefits Solutions, including benefit history, data entry of new hires, changes and terminations. Additional transactional support to the Payroll Function including tax set-up review, timesheet review, etc.
Essential Job Functions
â€¢ Process benefit enrollments: Medical/Dental; 401k; Life, Disability; Leaves of absence, COBRA, FSA and Transit plans. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist employees with benefit plan changes and new enrollments; maintain all employee changes on carrier website for new hires, terminations and other status changes.
- Assist in the open enrollment process
- Maintain employee benefit files.
- Answer employee questions regarding interpretation of benefit policies, keeping abreast of benefit plan changes.
- Work with carriers and providers in monitoring claims and billings for employees, and assist employees with problem resolution.
- Work with brokers and providers to ensure efficient delivery of services and manage employee questions/concerns.
- Assist in benefit plan discrimination testing, preparation of 5500 and 401k audit.
â€¢ Maintain documentation for Employee records, benefits records; benefit website; and FMLA, LTD, and STD leaves.
- Assist employees eligible for disability benefits or a leave of absence by providing appropriate paperwork and informing employees of continued benefits eligibility while on an approved leave of absence and/or disability.
â€¢ Coordinate COBRA compliance by notifying new and terminated employees of COBRA rights, process remittances and monitor timely payments to ensure compliance with Federal Regulations.
- Inform employees of benefit options mandated by COBRA.
â€¢ Reconcile Association benefit records with insurance companies' monthly bills and resolve discrepancies as well as facilitate the payments for Long Term Care and all Life benefit programs.
â€¢ Provide payroll processor with information about new employees and changes to employee payroll records. Responsible for data entry of all employee status changes, new hires and terminations and applicable benefits information into HRIS system.
â€¢ Respond to employment verification requests.
â€¢ Provide direct transactional support to payroll manager for timesheet reconciliation, tax set-ups, leave management and invoicing.
â€¢ Serve as backup to new hire orientation for payroll/benefits
â€¢ Process garnishments
â€¢ Prepare and submit monthly journal entry
â€¢ Assist employees with EAP navigation and wellness programs.
â€¢ Coordinate monthly Employee Celebrations for new hires and employee service anniversaries.
â€¢ Assist Associate Director with the coordination of all wellness programs to include: monthly seminars, Weight Watchers at Work and Walking Club.
â€¢ Co-coordinator for Spirit Committee and other employee morale program/events.
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, National Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.