The Development Director is responsible for achieving Walk revenue goals and supervising the Walk Managers. This position includes securing Chapter Walk Sponsorships and implementing the AEDA program, as well as networking throughout the community to increase awareness. The Director will perform such activities under the direction of VP, Development.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify, cultivate and secure Walk Chapter Sponsorships in partnership with the VP, Development.
- Promote AEDA program in partnership with VP, Development and VP, Programs.
- Cultivate relationships with organizations and individuals in the community to ensure on-going pipeline of volunteers and sponsors to achieve a successful walk in each community.
- Network throughout the community to enhance public awareness and achieve Walk revenue goals.
- Supervise Walk Managers while maintaining National's Walk timeline.
- Work with Walk Managers to establish Walk budgets and goals.
- Secure weekly and monthly reports from Walk Managers.
- Report monthly and quarterly on results and pipeline to VP, Development.
- In partnership with Walk Managers, guide and support 3rd party events in ALL Walk communities.
- Support Walk Managers in the recruitment and training of Walk Committee Members.
- Support Volunteer Manager in the recruitment and training of Walk Volunteers.
- Provide leadership to Walk Managers and Walk Committee Members.
- Work with VP, Development in meeting its departmental goals and objectives.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with staff and volunteers.
- Bachelor degree; CFRE preferred)
- Bilingual a plus (English and Spanish)
- 3 years of marketing or development experience; preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Strong organizational skills to budget, plan, and conduct fundraising functions
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including chapter volunteers, business leaders and donors
- Flexible schedule and able to travel within the Chapter territory, as required
- Computer skills necessary for communication, record keeping and report generation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and the Internet
- Experience in using database software applications