The Alzheimer's Association Southeast Florida Chapter is looking for an education generalist in the Palm Beach County area whose responsibilities include community outreach and awareness, multicultural outreach, professional and caregiver education, support group services, and all reporting related to these areas. This individual has a high degree of empathy for those dealing with the disease, excellent communication skills; and will assess the needs of clients, make appropriate referrals, educate and provide support to Alzheimer's patients and caregivers living with Alzheimer's or related disorders.
Essential Job Functions
- Seek outreach and community awareness/presentation opportunities.
- Conduct speaking engagements for community education and caregiver training.
- Facilitate Early Stage Support Groups
- Promote Early State engagement programs.
- Conduct multicultural outreach.
- Collect and report statistical information for monthly and quarterly reports and grant reporting.
- Provide Helpline and in-person care consultations.
- Provide education of Alzheimer's Association programs including Trial Match.
- Attend and coordinate conferences and meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Travel in the service area for outreach, meetings, training, etc.
- Multiple job functions; periods of high work volume and tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, human services or related field.
- Must have verbal and writing skills in English (Spanish a plus).
- Experience in health or human service organization.
- Background in working with geriatric issues, Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and related to culturally diverse clients.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Valid driver's license. Proof of insurance. Outreach activities require use of own vehicle.
- Ability to travel to Chapter areas as requested by Vice President, Program Services.