The Sr Specialist, Helpdesk is Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Google Applications. Responsibilities include writing user procedures and conducting user training on these topics.
In addition, this position is a member of the Helpdesk Level 1 team and in that role serves as the first point of contact for all employees with IT-related issues or questions, during regular business hours. Responsibilities include: triaging and logging helpdesk requests; resolving Level 1 requests and identifying/reassigning Level 2 issues; managing user accounts in various systems including Active Directory and Google; and identifying issue patterns and escalating them as appropriate in order to minimize downtime.
Essential Job Functions
-Serves as SME for Google Applications. Responsibilities include writing user procedures and conducting user training on these topics.
-Triage Help Desk requests that are received either by phone or by email.
--Designate issues, per Priority designations identified within the helpdesk ticketing system, and manage them accordingly.
--Address/resolve Level 1 issues or reassign to Level 2 teams as appropriate.
--Identify issue patterns and notify appropriate Level 2 team and/or Director in a timely manner in order to minimize downtime.
-Enter issue details and document troubleshooting steps taken into the helpdesk ticketing system using defined the best practice procedure. This information is important in order to close the Level 1 ticket or to convey information for the Level 2 team, if ticket is reassigned.
-Manage Association user accounts (add, remove and transfer) in Active Directory (AD) and Google. Per approved access request:
--Create user and apply appropriate permissions.
--Add user to email group(s) and distribution list(s).
-Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or 2 years of equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years working as part of a helpdesk team.
- 2+ years experience using a helpdesk ticket management system.
- Hands-on experience managing user accounts in Windows Active Directory and Google.
- Experience installing software and operating system firmware.
- Knowledge and understanding of security concepts including network, server, and computer security.
- Able to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines, including helpdesk customer service levels.
- Highly self-motivated. Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong technical interest and demonstrated aptitude.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player.
- Knowledge and proven ability to use systematic, analytical methods to problem-solve.
- Advanced knowledge and experience training Google applications.
- Certification in basic technology concepts and core (desktop) technical skills is a plus.
- Google certified trainer is a plus.
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to: Alzheimer's Association, Home Office 225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700 Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.