Essential Job Functions
1. Work with the development director to identify and cultivate current and potential donors and create and maintain contact information. This includes:
- Creating prospect lists for corporate and individual donors
- Building relationships with community leaders, community agencies, potential donors and the media and sharing prospects with development director
- Maintaining corporate and other potential donors' contact information and any actions/activities that have taken place with them
2. To develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate the Akron Forget-Me-Not Gala special event fundraiser. Primary objectives include special event planning, budgeting, fund-raising, community relations and committee development. This includes:
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers and committee members
- Establishing sub-committees for important functions including: Decoration, Auction, Guest recruitment/sponsorship and marketing/printing
- Creating and maintaining a committee member roster and all contact information
- Coordinating committee meetings-providing minutes, notices of upcoming meetings, etc.
- Assign tasks for each member/sub-committee to complete before the next meeting date
Coordinating all printing needs for the gala:
- Invitations and Save the Date Cards: Work with area designer and printer to get design and printing donated when possible. Invitations are sent no later than 5 weeks prior to the event and save the dates are sent out 3 months before the event.
- Event Program: Oversee the design, layout, copy and printing of the event program. Ensure all sponsor ads are received and write editorial content for the program booklet. This includes auction descriptions, honoree information, sponsors, underwriters, and donors.
- Auction Bid Sheets and Signage: Design and develop bid sheets (Carbon like triple copy) for each of the Silent Auction items and create signage for auction items that won't be on display on the auction table, such as gift certificates and vouchers.
- Securing sponsors: Working in collaboration with the development staff, secure and follow-up with corporate sponsors.
- Mail sponsor proposals first part of December with on-going follow-up. Emphasis to be placed on non-healthcare organizations
- Reaching out to ensure sponsors have the dimensions and deadlines for submitting their ad in the program.
- Getting guest names and dinner choices from sponsors.
- Soliciting and Securing in-kind contributions (raffle prizes, auction items, food, entertainment, advertisement, photographer, etc.)
- Send out letters by the end of January for silent and live auction item donations
- Work with committee to follow-up with potential auction donors
- Research and identify dynamic Live Auction items
- Work with area individuals and companies regarding discounted or in-kind services for entertainment, photographer and advertising
- Coordinating venue and on-site logistics
o Work with special event venues/caterers to secure event date and location
o Work with venue on contract and food and beverage cost
o Work with Committee and caterer on food selection
o Determine set-up including staging, dinner tables, auction area, registration/ check-out, entertainment placement and guest table/seating assignments
- Volunteers: Secure volunteers for registration, check out and day of set-up and tear down
- Entertainment: Secure auctioneer, Master of Ceremonies and entertainment
- Honorees: Identify and secure Honoree and Inspiration Award recipients. Order recognition plaque or item for each
- Maintaining up to date invitation list
- Work with Public Relations Coordinator on generating press releases to area media.
3. Coordinate and implement all facets of assigned Walk to End Alzheimer's events (Canton, Dover, Wooster, Zanesville). This includes:
- Securing sponsors and obtaining in-kind contributors (raffle prizes, food, entertainment, advertisement, goody bags, auction prizes, etc.)
- Securing team captains and serving as the organization's liaison with donors and participants.
- Coordinating event logistics (location, day of events, incentive prizes, food selection, volunteers at event, distribution of posters and brochures, set up and tear down, etc.)
- Executing Kick-off events and team cultivation activities.
- Coordinate design and printing of day of event programs and marketing posters/flyers for Walk so that they are available by May and create programs for day of walks.
4. Assist in the promotion, advancement and execution of other Development initiatives including:
- Reason to Hope
- Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Blondes vs. Brunettes
- The Longest Day
- Third party fundraisers
5. Work with any outside groups in our service area that wish to hold a special event for the Association.
- Attend third party fundraisers to show chapter's support.
- Be aware of area third party fundraisers for newsletter publication.
- Present information on Alzheimer's disease to families, professionals and the community in general on an as needed basis. For example, accepting a check from a fund-raiser.
6. Work with the development director and executive director on preparing a development plan to be presented to the board at the start of each fiscal year.
7. Assist with securing and managing interns each quarter to assist with development initiatives.
8. Increase special event revenue in the first calendar year of employment.
9. Work with our Public Relations Coordinator on press releases and public relation/marketing efforts for the Akron Forget-Me-Not Gala and assigned Walk to End Alzheimer's events.
10. Participate in writing newsletter articles.
11. Attend monthly networking meetings
12. Make a minimum of 5 marketing/outreach visits a week and send weekly outreach logs to development director.
13. Collaborate with program staff.