Caregiver Stress Check
- Respite care guide
Types of respite care services, how to choose one and how to prepare for respite care. Remember, everyone needs a break.
- Lotsa Helping Hands
This online calendar helps you schedule weekly needs and organize offers of help from family and friends.
- Take care of yourself: 10 ways to be a healthier caregiver
Know the 10 signs of caregiver stress and ways to manage your level of stress.
- 10 warning signs of Alzheimer's
Understand the difference between normal age-related memory changes and changes caused by Alzheimer's.
- Telling others about an Alzheimer diagnosis
Suggestions for breaking the news to the person with Alzheimer's, family and friends.
(2-page information sheet)
- Talking to kids and teens about Alzheimer's
Help children and teens understand what is happening to the person with Alzheimer's.
- MedicAlert® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return®
For peace of mind, enroll your loved one in this 24-hour nationwide service.
- Safety issues
Take steps to be safe at home, with medications and when traveling.
- Financial matters
You have a lot to consider. Learn more about costs the person may face and how to pay for them, as well as making your own contributions for care.
- Legal issues
Understand what legal capacity is, common legal documents you may need and how to find a lawyer.
- Medicare and Medicaid programs
Download helpful information and links on Medicare benefits, Medicaid and Medigap.
- Changes in relationships
Get insights into changing roles with the person with dementia, family and friends as well as intimacy and resolving family conflicts.
- Inside the brain: an interactive tour
See how Alzheimer's affects the brain and how the disease progresses.
- Understanding Alzheimer's: An introductory guide
In this video, people living with dementia, caregivers, physicians and care experts talk about changes to expect, how to plan and why you need to seek help and support.
- Grief and loss
Explains symptoms of grief and ways you can cope with them.
- Message boards
You'll find sympathetic caregivers on our message boards, which you can access anonymously 24/7 from the privacy of your home.
- Use a three-step approach to identify behaviors and their causes
Different behaviors call for different responses.
- Savvy caregiver: Helping family members of someone with memory loss regain control of their lives
This video gives you practical caregiving skills to help you become a confident caregiver and reduce your stress.
- How to be a healthy caregiver
Review the symptoms of stress that can be damaging to you and the person with Alzheimer's. Then follow the steps to be a healthy caregiver.
- Taking care of you: self-care for family caregivers
Check out this resource from the Family Caregiver Alliance for reducing stress and tips on talking to your doctor about your own health.