Caregiver Stress Check
- Respite care guide
Types of respite care services, how to choose one and how to prepare for respite care. Remember, everyone needs a break.
- Lotsa Helping Hands
This online calendar helps you schedule weekly needs and organize offers of help from family and friends.
- Take care of yourself: 10 ways to be a healthier caregiver
Know the 10 signs of caregiver stress and ways to manage your level of stress.
- 10 warning signs of Alzheimer's
Understand the difference between normal age-related memory changes and changes caused by Alzheimer's.
- Telling others about an Alzheimer diagnosis
Suggestions for breaking the news to the person with Alzheimer's, family and friends.
(2-page information sheet)
- Talking to kids and teens about Alzheimer's
Help children and teens understand what is happening to the person with Alzheimer's.
- MedicAlert® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return®
For peace of mind, enroll your loved one in this 24-hour nationwide service.
- Safety issues
Take steps to be safe at home, with medications and when traveling.
- Financial matters
You have a lot to consider. Learn more about costs the person may face and how to pay for them, as well as making your own contributions for care.
- Legal issues
Understand what legal capacity is, common legal documents you may need and how to find a lawyer.
- Medicare and Medicaid programs
Download helpful information and links on Medicare benefits, Medicaid and Medigap.
- Changes in relationships
Get insights into changing roles with the person with dementia, family and friends as well as intimacy and resolving family conflicts.
- Inside the brain: an interactive tour
See how Alzheimer's affects the brain and how the disease progresses.
- Grief and loss
Explains symptoms of grief and ways you can cope with them.
- Message boards
You'll find sympathetic caregivers on our message boards, which you can access anonymously 24/7 from the privacy of your home.
- Use a three-step approach to identify behaviors and their causes
Different behaviors call for different responses.
- Savvy caregiver: Helping family members of someone with memory loss regain control of their lives
This video gives you practical caregiving skills to help you become a confident caregiver and reduce your stress.
- How to be a healthy caregiver
Review the symptoms of stress that can be damaging to you and the person with Alzheimer's. Then follow the steps to be a healthy caregiver.