Fees (effective July 1, 2013)
Extended Day (more than 7 hours per day): $70*
Full Day (4 to 7 hours per day): $67
Half Day with meal (less than 4 hours per day): $45
Half Day without meal (less than 4 hours per day): $40
*Our extended day rate more accurately reflects the cost of providing care beyond an average day of seven hours of care. We know that our average program participant attends between six to hours hours per day. This change in rates provides better options for families that require an extended day, while keeping our average daily charge competitive and meeting our expenses.
Grants may be available from the New York State Office for the Aging, Onondaga County Department of Aging and Youth and other sources for those who apply and qualify. For more information on financial assistance, call (315) 472-4204.
The Kirkpatrick Day Program is a social adult day program. By providing both mentally and physically stimulating activities with peers outside their home, participants benefit from a social, interactive atmosphere. Studies have shown that social day programs prolong the quality of life of its participants while delaying the potential need for skilled nursing care. Regulated by the state of New York, our attendees must meet all of the following criteria in order to attend:
- Medical conditions that are stable and do not require medical supervision during program attendance
- Free of communicable disease
- Require limited assistance from staff to remain continent
- Require limited assistance with ambulation
- Able to eat independently or with minimal assistance
- Behaviors which are safely managed in a group environment; are not at risk of injury to self or others
- Able to benefit from a therapeutic activity program and from group socialization
- Able to take medication on their own with staff supervision
The staff recommends a family tour and guest visit prior to enrollment. Contact the Kirkpatrick Day Program at (315) 472-4204 to learn more.