|Do you feel that this disease has taken enough from all of us and would like to fight back? Then we would love to have you bring your energy and talents to this exciting new volunteer association.||Staying motivated|
AWARE is a new way to fight Alzheimer’s. And here’s how we will succeed…how we will win the fight! It’s easy…
- Join the 99+one team. More members give us more clout. More clout gives us more actions. Be the one.
- Become a Champion. Get to know the Alzheimer’s Association and become engaged in their activities and mission.
- Become an Alzheimer’s Ambassador. Learn the facts and bring them to the attention of the greater community. The more voices and hands we have, the more we can do.
- Become a Supporter. Raise funds the Alzheimer’s Association, Central Ohio Chapter. There are more than 24,000 people in our service area struggling with this disease. They can’t do it alone.
- Become a Recruiter. Engage others – friends – family – work colleagues and others who you know have a passion for winning. There is no better time to be engaged in this fight. We can make a difference.
- Alzheimer’s remains the only one of the top 10 causes of death without an identified way to prevent it, cure it or slow its progression. We have hope…scientists believe we are currently at a tipping point right now.
- 10 million baby boomers will get Alzheimer’s. We must work for change…it is our challenge.
- Alzheimer caregiving negatively affects health, employment, income and financial security. We know it’s time for change…our collective voice can accomplish great things. AWARE can lead the fight.
AWARE is a membership organization affiliated with and supporting the work of the Alzheimer’s Association, Central Ohio Chapter. AWARE holds several meetings a year. Members vote on the distribution of the funds AWARE raises. Current membership is 40+1.
For membership information, click here.
AWARE COMMITTEES AND CHAIRPERSONS
Membership: Gloria Groat -- 614-284-9966 or email@example.com
Special Projects: Kristin Watt -- 614-464-8398 or KLWatt@vorys.com
Communications: Gail Gregory Thomas -- 614-457-6003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance: Nanette Mann Arriaga -- 614-457-6003 or email@example.com
Administrative: Georgia Hauser -- Gbhauser88@yahoo.com
Development: Susan Holcomb -- 614-226-4997 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please contact any of the AWARE 2011 Officers:
Pam Liebert 614-561-5248 or email@example.com
Gloria Groat 614-284-9966 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanie Johnson 614-205-6539 or email@example.com
Gail Thomas 614-457-6003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristin Watt 614-464-8398 or KLWatt@vorys.com
Susan Holcomb 614-226-4997 or email@example.com
Central Ohio Chapter
1379 Dublin Road
Columbus, OH 43215
New Program Coming to Columbus
The Columbus Museum of Art (CMA); The Alzheimer’s Association, Central Ohio Chapter and AWARE, the newly-formed Alzheimer’s Women’s Association to Reach and Engage, are excited to announce a new CMA tour experience for persons affected by memory loss, their caregivers and families.
Plans are underway for a September start date. If you are interested in volunteering to help with the development and implementation of this exciting project, please contact Pam Liebert at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gail Thomas at email@example.com.
“I’m so excited to begin a partnership between the Museum and the Alzheimer’s Association. I think it will be incredibly valuable for everyone involved. Interacting with art can spark very powerful experiences. I look forward to facilitating those experiences for individuals whose lives have been affected by Alzheimer’s.” Nannette V. Maciejunes, Executive Director, Columbus Museum of Art