|Do you feel that this disease has taken enough from all of us and would like to fight back? Then we would love to have you bring your energy and talents to this exciting new volunteer association.||Staying motivated|
AWARE is a new way to fight Alzheimer’s. And here’s how we will succeed…how we will win the fight! It’s easy…
- Join the 99+one team. More members give us more clout. More clout gives us more actions. Be the one.
- Become a Champion. Get to know the Alzheimer’s Association and become engaged in their activities and mission.
- Become an Alzheimer’s Ambassador. Learn the facts and bring them to the attention of the greater community. The more voices and hands we have, the more we can do.
- Become a Supporter. Raise funds the Alzheimer’s Association, Central Ohio Chapter. There are more than 24,000 people in our service area struggling with this disease. They can’t do it alone.
- Become a Recruiter. Engage others – friends – family – work colleagues and others who you know have a passion for winning. There is no better time to be engaged in this fight. We can make a difference.
- Alzheimer’s remains the only one of the top 10 causes of death without an identified way to prevent it, cure it or slow its progression. We have hope…scientists believe we are currently at a tipping point right now.
- 10 million baby boomers will get Alzheimer’s. We must work for change…it is our challenge.
- Alzheimer caregiving negatively affects health, employment, income and financial security. We know it’s time for change…our collective voice can accomplish great things. AWARE can lead the fight.
AWARE is a membership organization affiliated with and supporting the work of the Alzheimer’s Association, Central Ohio Chapter. AWARE holds several meetings a year. Members vote on the distribution of the funds AWARE raises. Current membership is 40+1.
For membership information, click here.
OFFICERS FOR AWARE
Kristin Watt - President
Linda Miller – Volunteer and Special Projects Chair
Susan Holcomb – Development Chair
Alison Wooldridge - Membership Chair
Ann Buchfinck - Administrative Chair
Lori Wengerd – Communication and Marketing Chair
Nanette Mann Arriaga – Finance Chair
Gloria Groat – Member at Large
Central Ohio Chapter
1379 Dublin Road
Columbus, OH 43215
Sparking Imaginations at the Columbus Museum of Art.
A Free Tour at CMA
Last Tuesday of the Month at 1:00 PM
A partnership program of the Columbus Museum of Art (CMA), the Alzheimer’s Association Central Ohio Chapter and Alzheimer's Women’s Association (AWARE) is an experience for people with early stage memory loss and their care partners. Together with specially trained Museum docents, participants have lively discussions in the galleries about art, ideas, and memories over the course of an hour. Memory books are distributed at the end of the tour so that you can bring the museum experience home with you. Please call 614-629-5947 a week in advance to register. You can also find more information at: http://www.columbusmuseum.org/visiting/tours/