2013 Walk to End Alzheimer’s!
Join the Movement! Lace up your walking shoes and become of the more than 2,500 walkers in Central Ohio who are raising critical dollars for Alzheimer's support, care and research.
Grab friends, family members and co-workers and form your Walk to End Alzheimer's team today!
Perry County - Walk and 5K Run
Saturday, August 17, 2013
New Lexington High School
New Lexington, OH
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Mary Virginia Crites Hannan Park
Columbus - Walk
Saturday, September 14, 2013
Registration: 8:00AM/Opening Ceremony: 9:00AM
Columbus - 5K Run before the Walk
Saturday, September 14, 2013
Race time: 7:30AM
PLEASE NOTE: The Columbus Walk to End Alzheime's website is separate from the 5K before the Walk website. They are two SEPARATE events.
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Yoctangee Park, Enderlin Circle
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Ohio Wesleyan University, Selby Field
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Marion Centre Mall
ABOUT WALK TO END ALZHEIMER'S
The Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's is our national signature event. Since 1989 we've raised over $300 to help advance research and support for those living with Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia. The Walk brings together family, friends, caregivers and concerned community members in our 14 county service area and provides the opportunity to make a difference and provide hope to the millions affected.
The Walk to End Alzheimer's is a community event for every age and is wheel chair, stroller and dog friendly! Each Walk in Central Ohio is:
- 1-3 miles in length
- Kids activities
- Powerful opening ceremony
- 5K* in some markets
- Information about local chapter programs and services
- Opportunity to become involved with the Association through advocacy, volunteering or other awareness events
- Information about our Corporate Sponsors products and services
When you participate in Walk to End Alzheimer's, you help support:
- 24/7 Helpline 1-800-272-3900
- Education programs and services
- Care consultations with the Alzheimer's Association registered nurse, occupational therapist and social workers
- Caregiver support groups
- Early stage services
- Sparking Imaginations held at the Columbus Museum of Art
- Free educational literature and publications
- Information from www.alz.org/centralohio and KnowMoreAlz newsletter
- Employee wellness materials
- MedicAlert+Safe Return wandering response system
- Heatlhcare professional training
- Medical research
- Local and national advocacy
CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
For information about Corporate Sponsorship opportunities or vendor displays please contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 442-2014.
IN KIND DONATIONS
Walk to End Alzheimer's are widely known for being fun and festive events, thanks to hundreds of volunteers and generous contributors of in kind donations - from food and entertainment to prizes adn publicity. We are committed to keeping Walk expenses as low as possible so that all the funds raised can support local chapter services.
Please consider donating a product or service from your company and receive recognition in the Walk day program. Contact Jennifer at (614) 442-2014 for more information.
Each Walk to End Alzheimer's event depends on the volunteer efforts of a local steeing committee to plan and coordinate numerous details such as team and walker recruitment, entertainment, food and beverages, raffle donations, registration, logistics adn publicity. There is a place and role for everyone who would like to be a part of the fun.
Let us know how you'd like to help by contacting Jennifer at email@example.com or (614) 442-2014.