An opportunity for an individual or family to receive personalized information and support related to the care of a loved-one with memory loss.
- Learn more about the causes and treatments of memory loss.
- Discuss options in decision-making and planning for the future.
- Learn tips and techniques that can improve communication and reduce challenging situations/behaviors.
- Identify ways to reduce stress on the primary caregiver and the family.
- Understand and access resources available in the community.
- Create a Plan of Action that addresses areas of concern and the needs identified through the process.
- Receive follow-up contacts with a Care Consultant to receive ongoing support throughout the process of implementing the Action Plan.
The initial consultation and assessment can be done over the phone or in-person at one of the chapter offices located in Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, and Lorain Counties. A Spanish-speaking care consultant is also available to provide these services.
Care Consultation is available free-of-charge by providing specific demographic information required by our funding source: the Ohio Department on Aging and the Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging.
For more information or to speak with a Care Consultant, please call the Helpline at 800.272.3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.