New Alzheimer’s Association Comfort Zone Check-InTM Offers Affordable Location Management
The Alzheimer’s Association is expanding its portfolio of safety services for people with Alzheimer’s disease with Alzheimer’s Association Comfort Zone Check-In, an affordable self-serve location management service. For as little as $9.99 a month, Comfort Zone Check-In gives people living with Alzheimer’s more independence and their caregivers more peace of mind.
Comfort Zone Check-In is a new entry-level service that sends a daily scheduled location update to busy caregivers and active people living with Alzheimer’s. Additionally, those with the service can determine an individual’s location by initiating a “Find Me” or a longer “Follow Me” session, which provides updates every two minutes for one hour.
Comfort Zone Check-In combines the latest technology with flexibility, allowing families to change devices and plans as a person’s disease progresses and monitoring needs change. Using GPS and cellular technologies with online mapping, the entire family can proactively determine the location of the person with Alzheimer’s. Families log into a secure, password-protected website similar to logging into most email systems and proactively establish safety zones.
Comfort Zone Check-In is compatible with any Sprint phone, eliminating the need for an additional mobile device. It starts at $9.99 plus the cost of the phone and data plan.For more information or to purchase Comfort Zone Check-In, visit the Alzheimer’s Association at www.alz.org/comfortzone.
Comfort Zone brings families peace of mind
Alzheimer's Association Comfort ZoneTM, powered by Omnilink, is a new comprehensive Web-based location management service that provides the entire family peace of mind while giving people with Alzheimer’s the freedom and independence they want. Family members can have knowledge of a person’s location, while individuals with Alzheimer’s can enjoy the emotional security of familiar routines and surroundings.
Working with a tracking device, such as a car-mounted unit, pocket device or wrist-worn device, Comfort Zone is a secure Web application that allows family members to:
- remotely monitor the location of the person with Alzheimer’s.
- set up safety zones.
- receive alerts (via text or e-mail) when he or she has traveled beyond a pre-set zone.
Among the benefits Comfort Zone provides:
- Choice – It works with a variety of devices and you can choose the monthly plan that meets your needs.
- Monitoring Center – A 24/7 call center to help with technical questions and location management in the event you cannot access the Internet.
- Emergency Health Record – Included is an annual membership for MedicAlert ® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return®, which provides 24-hour emergency response service for wandering and medical emergencies.
- Comprehensive Alzheimer’s Services – The Alzheimer's Association provides 24/7 care consultation, safety education and Alzheimer’s disease resources.
Purchase the service that provides peace of mind. To learn more about Comfort Zone and find a plan that meets your needs, visit www.alz.org/comfortzone or call 1.877.ALZ.4850 (1.877.259.4850)