Career Opportunities with the Central & North Florida Chapter of The Alzheimer's Association.
We appreciate your interest.
Senior Associate Director of Development
Jacksonville, FL. – General Summary:
The Senior Associate Director of Development will lead the development and implementation of the Central and North Florida Chapter Walk to End Alzheimer’s® program and take the lead staff position in building corporate relationships in support of this event. The Senior Associate Director of Development is responsible for managing the Chapter’s Walk To End Alzheimer’s relationship with the national office and act as a liaison with the national teams. This will include overseeing the implementation of event standards as well as working with budget guidelines and assist with the budgeting process. This position will also be responsible for cultivating relationships with corporations to secure Chapter-wide corporate sponsorships and chapter-wide corporate walk teams and chapter-wide corporate volunteers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Lead the Chapter-wide Walk program and provide guidance, direction and training for all Walk staff
Identify, cultivate and steward corporate teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve the Chapter’s WTEA goals
Work with the Vice President of Development to identify corporate giving opportunities and strategies outside of Walk sponsorship
Coordinate with Associate Director of Development for Special Events on corporate sponsorship opportunities for other special events (The Longest Day, Reason To Hope, etc.)
Work with Walk staff and Communications staff to develop marketing plan for Walk and determine paid advertisement placements
Develop and monitor event budgets and time lines
Responsible for recruiting, training, supporting and evaluating Walk staff and walk performance
Knowledged, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4 years of demonstrated success in the development and promotion of special events, such as galas, walks, runs or similar programs
- Proven success with corporate cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of Chapter-wide or multi-state events preferred
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and supervise staff and volunteers in a fundraising environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal along with the ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and manage competing deadlines and with attention to detail
Salary commensurate with experience; full-time position, full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K and generous leave policy
The Alzheimer’s Association is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a diverse pool of qualifies candidates.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Subject: Senior Associate Director
Associate Director of Development
Jacksonville, FL. – General Summary:
The Alzheimer’s Association is seeking an Associate Director of Development responsible for the success and growth of our signature fundraising event, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s® in 4 markets. This includes recruitment of volunteers, identifying and recruiting new teams, cultivating and growing current teams, securing and expanding corporate sponsorships, logistical arrangements and successfully achieving dollar goals.
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for leading the fundraising effort towards achieving event revenue goals. The position is also expected to raise local awareness of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s® through engagement in networking events, speaking opportunities, and community events. The Associate Director of Development will build relationships in the community with the goal of growing revenue and participation at the Walk and other Chapter special events.
Essential job functions:
- Ensure Walk volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the Chapter’s timeline and utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income goal and team goals
- Work collaboratively with the Walk Planning Committee in each market in the planning and implementation of the Walk.
- Secure Walk corporate sponsorship, team captains, teams and walkers
- Meet or exceed goals on each walk event
- Ensure smooth integration of the National Association and Chapter best practices, standards and guidelines
- Oversee the Walk Coordinator in recruiting and coordinating Walk volunteers’ participation, pre-walk volunteer management and day of event volunteer management
- Oversee all logistics of walk implementation in conjunction with Walk Coordinator
Knowledge, skills and desired experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and Minimum 3 years work experience in development or special event fundraising; experience with VHA fundraising walks desirable
- Proven success in the organization, management and financial outcomes of community-based fundraising events
- Experience with volunteer development and management, public speaking and corporate sponsor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Ability to understand and work with budgets
- Ability to travel occasionally throughout the Chapter area with some overnight and weekend travel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with online fundraising software preferred.
Salary Commensurate with experience; Full Time Position, full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K and generous leave policy.
The Alzheimer’s Association is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a diverse pool of qualified candidates. EOE/M/F/D/V
Please send Cover letter and Resume to by February 19, 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Walk To End Alzheimer’s Jacksonville