Career Opportunities with the Central & North Florida Chapter of The Alzheimer's Association.
We appreciate your interest.
Associate Director of Programs
Title: Associate Director of Programs
Reports To: Vice President of Programs
Region: Greater Jacksonville
Hours: Full time 40 hours a week with benefits
In support of our mission to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and
enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health, the
Chapter is seeking a dynamic, effective, customer-focused professional.
The Associate Director of Programs is expected to represent the Alzheimer’s Association in a manner that exhibits
inclusion and promotes goodwill. The Associated Director will raise local awareness and engagement. The Associate
Director will strategically identify community needs, including collaborative relationships with other organizations and the
cultivation of volunteers.
Associate Director of Programs, based in the Longwood office of the Central and North Florida Chapter, will plan and
execute all programs and services in support of the Alzheimer's Association Common Program Plan and in accordance
with our strategic plan. This will include information and referral, care consultation, support groups, education programs,
safety services and early stage programs.
Essential job functions:
- Coordinate local support groups: recruit, train and manage support group facilitators; maintain accurate list of
support groups; promote support groups to constituents.
- Schedule, plan and deliver Alzheimer's Association educational programs to key constituents and groups
throughout the chapter territory; disseminate and collect surveys to ensure quality of programs.
- Build relationships with local community providers to ensure appropriate referrals to community agencies, area
agencies on aging and other organizations; maintain local referral lists.
- Create and implement programming for early stage constituents
- Serve as local point of contact for persons with the disease, their caregivers, and healthcare providers including
- Participate as a team member and collaborator with the other staff leadership in the Central and North
Florida Chapter, assisting with events and other meeting and activities as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with Helpline coverage
- Recruit, coordinate, train, and oversee local program volunteers in support of the Portfolio of Common
- Compile and maintain accurate documentation of all programs, groups and activities
- Master's degree in health care management, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, education or related
- Bilingual with English and Spanish fluency preferred.
- 3+ years of experience implementing and delivering community programs.
- 3+ years of experience working in Alzheimer's or dementia field preferred.
- Experience recruiting, mentoring, retaining, managing. and training volunteers.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of professionals and community members.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Central Florida communities.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must possess a reliable personal vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of valid insurance.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to conduct Chapter business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including dynamic presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in a non-profit or similar organization a plus
- Detail-oriented and adaptable with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, early mornings and occasional weekends.
Please send inquiries to email@example.com.