Marriott Denver Tech Center
Click here to book a room at a reduced rate
An inspiring day of hope for all who are affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. This one day symposium offers educational sessions within specialized tracks, that highlight relevant topics for beginning and advanced health care professionals, family caregivers, and early stage families.
2016 Excellence in Caregiving Award
Each year the Colorado Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association gives the “George and Pat Sugerman Excellence in Caregiving Award” to a professional caregiver who provides outstanding care to people with Alzheimer’s disease. We rely on your nominations to identify these exceptional caregivers.
Each nominee will be recognized during the 2016 Annual Alzheimer’s Association Education Symposium. The winner of the award will receive a cash award, a plaque and recognition in the Alzheimer’s Association newsletter.
Guidelines for Nomination:
- Family or friends of individuals receiving care must make nominations.
- Nominees should provide direct care to people with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia. Please do not nominate supervisory personnel such as nurses and/or activity directors.
- You may wish to nominate more than one person. However, you must use a separate form for each person as this award is for an individual, not a group of individuals.
- Nominations must be received by Friday, September 16. Please use the attached nomination form.
- Return nominations to the Alzheimer’s Association, 455 Sherman Street, #500, Denver, CO 80203 or fax the nomination to 303-813-1670 or Theresa Grill at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting your Nomination:
Be sure to explain why the person you are nominating should receive this award. What makes them special? What do they do which goes beyond what would normally be expected? The selection of the award winner is based on these explanations as well as the number of nominations received for that person. View a video of the 2014 nominees.
2015 winner Jeff Martin