Fred Wolfe's Walk to Vail
June 30 – July 3, 2012
Total raised to date: $280,000
On Saturday, June 30, Fred Wolfe will begin his 8th Annual Denver to Vail Walk to benefit the Alzheimer's Association Colorado Chapter. He started doing this 115-mile walk in 2005 as a personal tribute to his father who passed away from Alzheimer’s disease in 2007. Wolfe is one of the country's "everyday heroes" who tirelessly fights against Alzheimer's disease. Read more about Wolfe on the World Alzheimer's Month Everyday Heroes website.
“This is one of the most rewarding and worthwhile experiences of my life so I thought I would continue to do it annually to raise money and awareness for Alzheimer’s disease,” Wolfe said.
For the past seven years, Fred has successfully completed this 115-mile journey. Through donations from his friends and family, clients and associates he has raised more than $280,000 to support the Alzheimer’s Association. In recognition of his fundraising walks, he received the Helen Ginsburg Visionary Award 2010 from AWARE, the Alzheimer’s Women’s Association for Research and Education.
Some important facts to know about Alzheimer’s disease:
- Every 68 seconds someone in America develops Alzheimer’s disease.
- Alzheimer's disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S. and more people are diagnosed with this disease than prostate and breast cancer combined.
- One out of eight people in the U.S. over 65 will develop the disease.
- 10 million baby boomers will develop Alzheimer’s disease in their lifetime.
- 72,000 people in Colorado have the disease and 70% are cared for at home.
- There is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease.
With the help of so many generous friends and supporters, the Alzheimer’s Association continues to push forward in our efforts to transform how we detect, treat and eventually prevent this disease. Working together, we have more power and potential as we move toward our vision of a world without Alzheimer’s disease.
Thank you again for your support and considering a contribution to Fred’s Walk to Vail this year!
Ways to support Fred’s Walk to Vail:
- Make a donation online, click here.
- Send a check payable to Alzheimer’s Association Colorado Chapter 455 Sherman Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80203. Please note “Fred Wolfe’s Walk” in the memo portion of your check.
- Post a link to Fred’s page on your Facebook Wall or send a Tweet to your friends and colleagues asking them to support Fred with a donation. alzco.org/fredswalk
- Send Fred’s QR code to friend who uses an iPhone, Droid or Blackberry.
For more information and other ways to give, please call Robyn Moore at 303.813.1669 or email Fred directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.