Take advantage of the rich cultural offerings in the Delaware Valley!
As a constituent of the Alzheimer’s Association Delaware Valley Chapter, you have access to heavily-subsidized tickets to the Delaware Valley’s best and richest art houses, museums, cultural institutions, and more. Through partnership with Art-Reach, an organization whose sole mission is to provide access to arts and culture in the Delaware Valley, our chapter is firmly committed to offering opportunities for individuals and families living with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders to continue cultural engagement, find respite, and to simply have fun!
To request tickets, please review the following steps carefully.
1. View the Arts Calendar on Art Reach’s website. Please note that tickets cannot be ordered from the Art Reach Website. You MUST submit ticket requests through the Alzheimer’s Association Delaware Valley Chapter.
2. Once you have found a program, you will need to request tickets. Please submit the following form with all requested information.
3. Your ticketing request will be processed by our Chapter and will request tickets on your behalf through Art Reach. Please wait 48 hours for ticket confirmation. Please note that submitting a ticket request does not guarantee tickets.
Please provide a two (2) week advanced notice for ticket requests. We require a 48 hour cancellation. These tickets are in high demand and are provided by Art-Reach at a substantially subsidized price. Cancelled tickets may go to others in the waiting process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact David Johnson, REC Center Coordinator at email@example.com or 800.272.3900.
Michener Art Museum
Please join us for an Art for All gallery program at the James A. Michener Art Museum, 138 South Pine Street, Doylestown, PA 18901, Designed for individuals living with moderate stage dementia, such as Alzheimer’s, and their care partners, the Art for All programs are FREE with advance registration. A full descriptive flyer with times, dates and other important information can be accessed here.
To Register: Email Melissa Easton-Sandquist at MSandquist@MichenerArtMuseum.org
* Please provide your name, email, & daytime telephone.
* If registering a group for a Care Facility Program, please provide name of facility and address. Maximum of 8 individuals, living with moderate stage dementia, in group, please.
* If registering an Individual for a Community Program, please provide name of individual and home address.
* Indicate three preferred program dates.
Explore Winterthur's beauty and history!
Individuals in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease or a related disorder are invited to join us for this special interactive program. Enjoy thematic tours of Winterthur Museum collections in a relaxed environment with plenty of time for consideration and discussion. Plan to bring a family member or friend to accompany you on this unique historical journey. Please note: this is not an Alzheimer's Association Delaware Valley Chapter program.
Every second Tuesday of the month
1:00 - 2:30 pm
Winterthur Museum Garden & Library
5105 Kennett Pike
Winterthur, DE 19807
The program is fully described in the flyer available here.
Registration is FREE but you must RSVP by calling David Johnson at 800.272.3900
Meet Me at WAC: Connecting with Art for Alzheimer's
Based on MoMA’s engaging program, “Meet Me at MoMA”, the Wayne Art Center invites those with Alzheimer’s or dementia and their caregivers to tour our galleries once a month to experience close-looking at art and discussion, followed by a simple activity. This program offers individuals a chance to explore and share ideas about art, experience intellectual stimulation, and make connections to personal experiences and the world around them. For the last 30 minutes, the group will create a simple art project related to the art they just viewed to take home with them. Group tour and activity led by an experienced Wayne Art Center instructor.
Class cost is $10 for materials.
Programs run from 1-2:30 and meet on the following dates:
June 16, June 22, July 21 and July 28.
More Information & Registration: 610-688-3553 or http://www.wayneart.org/
Wayne Art Center,
413 Maplewood Avenue,
Wayne, PA 19087