The Rocket Educational Community Center for Life Long Learning is a new opportunity for people in the earliest stages of Alzheimer's disease or a related disorder to enhance their daily quality of life. REC Center sessions are offered in Philadelphia and Marlton as a pilot program and offer opportunities for people in the early stages to meet with other participants, volunteer and have meaningful experiences. Evaluation is required for participation in the program. Components of the REC Center include:
- REC Center daily sessions
- Access to our Coming Events/Ticket Opportunities
- Memories in the Making Program
- Peer-to-Peer outreach program
For more information on any of our social engagement programs, or to see if you qualify for the REC Center, please email Scott Reid, Manager REC Center, or call our 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
Arts & Culture Program:
The Arts and Cultural Program is designed to provide structured, pleasant artistic and cultural experiences to caregivers, family and friends along with those in the early to moderate stages of cognitive impairment. Through this program, people may engage in intellectually stimulating and entertaining activities that will also provide new social experiences for personal engagement! The cost for each event is $1 per ticket, unless listed otherwise.
View our calendar here. To submit a request for the events, please follow the following steps:
· Please provide a two (2) week advanced notice on the event you are interested in
· Once an event is selected, click on “SUBMIT REQUEST” to prompt an email to reserve your event
· Please title your subject line as "Art & Culture Request"
· In the body of the email include:
o First and Last name
o Name and Date of Event
o Number of tickets you are requested
o Telephone number
o Email address
o Any special requests or concerns you may have
· Once your request is processed and a confirmation ticket available we will notify you by email
· Please arrive at the event 45 minutes before the event starts.
· We require a 48 hour cancellation. These tickets are in high demand and are provided at a substantially subsidized price. Cancelled tickets may go to others in the waiting process