Welcome to the Alzheimer's Association East Central Iowa Chapter Press Room. The Press Room is dedicated to assisting media and others seeking to learn more about our Chapter and Alzheimer's disease in gathering the most accurate information available. Please utilize the information provided as needed.
Before reading on, learn more about our chapter. Click here
Please direct all media related inquiries to Abbey Miller at 319.294.9699 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current News Releases
Read up-to-date press releases from the East Central Iowa Chapter. Click here.
Local & National News
View Chapter media releases with information about East Central Iowa happenings and link to the latest national Alzheimer's Association news and research updates.
There are currently 16,000 Eastern Iowans suffering from Alzheimer's disease or related dementia.
Prevalence of Alzheimer's disease in our 19 county chapter territory
|County||Number of Cases|
- There are as many as 5.4 million Americans currently living with Alzheimer's and that number is expected to grow to as many as 16 million by 2050.
- There are between 200,000 and 500,000 people under age 65 with young-onset Alzheimer's disease or other dementia in America.
- Alzheimer's is the 6th leading cause of death in America, and the 5th leading cause of death in Iowa in people over 65 years old.
- Today, every 68 seconds an American develops Alzheimer's. By mid-century an American will develop Alzheimer's every 33 seconds.
- View the latest Facts and Figures Report
Sign up for our chapter newsletter to recieve updates about chapter happenings and advances in Alzheimer's disease. To sign up, email your name, address and phone number to email@example.com.