Welcome to the Alzheimer's Association East Central Iowa Chapter Press Room. The Press Room is dedicated to assisting media and others seeking to learn more about our Chapter and Alzheimer's disease in gathering the most accurate information available. Please utilize the information provided as needed.
Before reading on, learn more about our chapter. Click here
Please direct all media related inquiries to Melissa Pence at 319.294.9699 or email@example.com.
Local & National News
View Chapter media releases with information about East Central Iowa happenings and link to the latest national Alzheimer's Association news and research updates.
There are currently 16,000 Eastern Iowans suffering from Alzheimer's disease or related dementia.
Prevalence of Alzheimer's disease in our 19 county chapter territory
|County||Number of Cases|
- There are more than 5 million Americans currently living with Alzheimer's and that number is expected to grow to as many as 16 million by 2050.
- There are between 200,000 and 500,000 people under age 65 with young-onset Alzheimer's disease or other dementia in America.
- Alzheimer's is the 6th leading cause of death in America, and the 5th leading cause of death in Iowa in people over 65 years old.
- Today, every 67 seconds an American develops Alzheimer's. By mid-century an American will develop Alzheimer's every 33 seconds.
- View the latest Facts and Figures Report
Sign up for our e-news on the left side of this page to recieve updates about chapter happenings and advances in Alzheimer's disease.