Together, we can make history.

The time for us to act is now — your advocacy today can help us make history tomorrow. Join us at the 2015 Advocacy Forum.

Alzheimer’s Association Advocacy Forum
March 23-25, 2015
Washington Marriott Wardman Park

Online registration is now open. 

Letter from the 2015 Advocacy Forum Chair

Dear Fellow Advocates:

I am honored to serve as chair of the 2015 Alzheimer’s Association Advocacy Forum, our 27th annual event in our nation’s capital bringing together dedicated, like-minded supporters from communities throughout the country devoted to ending Alzheimer’s disease.

Alzheimer’s and dementia have impacted my life continually for the last 50 years. During my adolescent, teen and young-adult days, my mom lived with the progression of Alzheimer’s for 26 years. Throughout this challenging time, my father, her primary caretaker, and I committed ourselves to turning what could have been potential stumbling blocks for our family into stepping stones for others. Within a few years of Momma’s passing, my family’s commitment to caring for ourselves and others was once again called upon when Dad fell victim to and lived with vascular dementia for over a decade. Today, my family is again touched by the grips of this illness, as one of my siblings is in the early stages of memory loss.

Even though, like many of you, these diseases have had a devastating impact on my family, we remain committed to our original call of turning our challenging experiences into opportunities to help others by advocating for the support and resources necessary to have a world without Alzheimer’s.

My guiding philosophy is “Hope, Help and Healing.” If you have hope, you can identify help, and healing will take place. The Advocacy Forum is an excellent way to put this principle into practice. It’s a great place for advocates to network, learn from each other and lobby our elected officials for more effective public policies and resources. Lawmakers need input from their constituents. We must hold them accountable and ensure they do their part to make Alzheimer’s a national priority.

Conquering Alzheimer’s disease isn’t going to happen because of any one individual or sector — we have to work together to have the greatest positive impact. We have to be organized, we have to be forthright, and we have to be committed and vigilant.

Thank you for your attendance at the Advocacy Forum and for taking the actions necessary to realize our vision of a world without Alzheimer’s.

Sincerely,
Verna Jones-Rodwell
Chair, 2015 Alzheimer’s Association Advocacy Forum

Experience the 2015 Alzheimer's Association Advocacy Forum

Highlights from the 2014 Advocacy Forum

Faces of Alzheimer’s emerge on Capitol Hill
On April 9, spring arrived in Washington, D.C., bringing more than blooming cherry blossoms and blue skies to Capitol Hill — nearly 900 Alzheimer’s advocates met with lawmakers to encourage their support of legislation and funding critical to the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
Read more >>

NIH Director Collins among those honored at National Alzheimer's Dinner
At the National Alzheimer's Dinner April 8, advocates, members of Congress, scientists and leaders in the fight against Alzheimer's gathered to celebrate advances in the cause to end the disease. Honorees included Dr. Francis Collins, director of the National Institutes of Health, who received the Alzheimer's Association Ronald and Nancy Reagan Research Award.
Read more >>

CNN's Crowley shares personal story of her mother's Alzheimer's
Candy Crowley, CNN's award-winning chief political correspondent, delivered the 2014 Alzheimer's Association Advocacy Forum keynote address April 8 to a packed house of nearly 900 dedicated Alzheimer's advocates, kicking off the general session.
Read more >>

Alzheimer’s Association
Advocacy Forum

March 23-25, 2015
Washington Marriott Wardman Park

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Check out
our blog.

#alzforum   #ENDALZ

Learn more about Alzheimer's Association Advocates

Learn about advocates using their voices for change.

Learn More

Become an Advocate

Join the National Alzheimer's Advocate Network.

Find a Rep

Alzheimer's Association Advocacy Forum 2015

www.alz.org/forum

© 2015 Alzheimer's Association | www.alz.org | All rights reserved.