Become a leader in giving to our mission to create “a world without Alzheimer’s.” Contribute $1,000 or more and join the Alois Society.
Annual Giving: Alois Society
The Alzheimer's Association, Georgia Chapter Founder's Club has now become the Alois Society. The Alois Society is named after Dr. Alois [AL-oh-iss] Alzheimer, the pioneering neuropathologist whose investigations in 1906 were the first steps towards understanding the disease that now bears his name. Individuals who make annual unrestricted contributions in excess of $1,000 to the Chapter are recognized as Alois Society members, who directly support more than 200,000 Georgians who have Alzheimer's disease as well as their families and caregivers. The purpose of the Alois Society is to encourage annual contributions to help enrich and expand the Chapter's work in keeping with its dedication to provide family support, education, information, advocacy, and research. For more information on becoming an Alois Society member, please contact us or call your local Georgia Chapter office at 770.728.1181.
Dr. Alois Alzheimer practiced medicine at the turn of the 20th century. He encountered a female patient whose symptoms did not fit any known diagnosis. He gave the pseudonym “Auguste D.” In 1905 when this patient died, Dr. Alzheimer performed the autopsy and observed the effect of a devastating disorder to the brain that would later bear his name. One hundred years after Dr. Alzheimer presented his findings to the medical community, the Alzheimer’s Association continues to lead a massive international effort to realize its vision: a world without Alzheimer’s disease.
- Alois Society Platinum: $10,000 and above
- Alois Society Gold: $5,000-$9,999
- Alois Society Silver: $2,500-$4,999
- Alois Society Bronze: $1,000-$2,499
A contribution of $1000 or more provides you with unique Information, Access, and Recognition as we join forces to eliminate this terrible disease and provide care to those in need.
- Annual Listing in Georgia Chapter publications
- A complimentary invitation to attend the regional Alois Society Member Reception
- Exclusive access to informational Forums on the latest research findings, medical treatments, clinical trials and public policy
- Exclusive communication with up-to-date information on programs, priorities, issues, and events
- A special recognition item identifying each Alois
We invite you through your financial support to join our mission to serve the needs of the Alzheimer’s community in our region.
Make an online donation today. You can also make a credit card payment by phone by calling 404.728.1181, or print the reply form and return by mail to Alzheimer’s Association, Georgia Chapter, c/o Alois Society, 41 Perimeter Center East; Suite 550; Atlanta, GA 30346.