When / Time: Tuesday, September 8 - 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Where: Alzheimer's Association - Greater Michigan Chapter
25200 Telegraph Road | Suite 100
Cost: $40/person and a light lunch is included
RSVP: Contact Treena at 248 996 1058 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back for upcoming announcements.
When / Time:
Did you know:
- In 2013, the Alzheimer's Association - Greater Michigan Chapter, a national voluntary health care organization, utilized over 1,080 volunteers to facilitate their programs,
services and special events.
- In 2013, the Greater Michigan Chapter volunteers provided approximately 13,405 hours of service as support group leaders, helpline counselors, speakers, direct care
workers and special event workers with a total value of approximately $276,545 .
- In 2011, 64.3 million volunteers provided 8 billion hours of service valued at $171 million in the United States.
- The Greater Michigan Chapter volunteers consist of family members, former caregivers, students, retirees, individuals living with early-stage memory loss and the general public.
- The Alzheimer's Association - Greater Michigan Chapter needs volunteers for: Harry L. Nelson Helpline, Direct Care, Health Fairs, Special Events, Data Entry, Speaking,
Clerical, Minds on Art and Support Groups.
Volunteers - We Need You!The Alzheimer’s Association – Greater Michigan Chapter has many opportunities available for volunteers. Explore the possibilities.
If you have volunteered in the past or would like to get involved for the first time, we welcome you!
The Alzheimer's Association - Greater Michigan Chapter volunteers are answering the phones, working on computers/data processing, helping at our special events throughout the year and many other critical functions. If you devote a couple of hours a week, a month or make a more significant time commitment we hope you will consider joining our team of caring and passionate people helping us to make a difference.
The Greater Michigan Chapter has many different areas of needs and opportunity. Browse through the volunteer descriptions below and if you would like more information, please complete the volunteer application and fax it to the number indicated or call 800 272 3900. We look forward to meeting you!
|Administrative Support||Administrative Support Volunteer Description|
|Development||Development Volunteer Description|
|Education||Education Volunteer Description|
|Family Services||Family Services Volunteer Description|
|Public Policy||Public Policy Volunteer Description|
|Respite||Respite Volunteer Description|
|Support Groups||Support Group Volunteer Description|
|Helpline||Helpline Volunteer Description|