The Alzheimer’s Association can help you get the information you need about memory loss and dementia. Whether you have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, are caring for someone who has or want to be better informed about the impact of Alzheimer’s in your community, we have resources and training for you!
We offer educational programs for families and individuals facing Alzheimer’s, as well as community members and healthcare professionals throughout the year. Programs range from basic introductory material to in-depth multi-part sessions.
Many of these programs are free of charge, but some conferences, workshops and professional trainings do have a registration fee attached to them. Check our upcoming education programs to find the right class for you. If you prefer, call our 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900 or email us at email@example.com.
Select the area that is closest to you:
Central Michigan - Updated Listing Coming Soon!
Counties serviced in this area include: Arenac, Bay, Clare, Genesee, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella, Lapeer, Midland, Saginaw, Shiawassee
Counties serviced in this area include: Huron, Macomb, Oakland, Saint Clair, Sanilac and Wayne
Northern Michigan - Updated Listing Coming Soon!
Counties serviced in this area include: Alcona, Alpena, Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Crawford, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Iosco, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee, Montmorency, Ogemaw, Oscoda, Presque Isle, Roscommon and Wexford
Upper Peninsula - Updated Listing Coming Soon!
Counties serviced in this area include: Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon and Schoolcraft
Counties serviced in this area include: Ionia, Kent, Mecosta, Montcalm, Osceola and Ottawa
Pre-registration for our classes is highly encouraged. Register at 800.272.3900 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make note of our cancellation policy below.
Education Program Descriptions
Individual class descriptions coming soon
The Greater Michigan Chapter hosts four conferences annually that bring together healthcare professionals, people with dementia and caregivers for a day of learning and conversation. The each offer Continuing Education Units in various disciplines. For conference specific information regarding CEU's, cost, sponsorship or to register, please click on the links below.
- Metro Detroit Fall Conference: A Meaningful Life with Alzheimer's Disease - Friday, November 18, at Schoolcraft College's Vista Tech Center in Livonia in partnership with Wayne State University's Institute of Gerontology.
- 18th Annual Upper Peninsula Fall Conference - Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at Northern Michigan University's Great Lakes Rooms.
- Metro Detroit Spring Conference - more information coming soon!
- West Michigan Annual Conference - more information coming soon!
Professional Training information coming soon
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions Coming Soon
- Low Attendance -- The Greater Michigan Chapter may cancel a program due to low number of registered attendees. Please be sure to RSVP for the program(s) you want to attend via our 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Inclement Weather -- If the school district in which the education program is to be held is closed or cancels evening activities due to inclement weather, the education program will not be held. A program may also be cancelled at the discretion of the local staff due to inclement weather. If in doubt, contact our 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900.
- Other Cancellations -- Occasionally programs may be cancelled due to venue or calendar conflicts.
Please note: In the event of an education program cancellation, we will do our best to contact registered attendees prior to the advertised class time. It is important you register with a valid phone number and check any voicemail messages left by the Alzheimer's Association prior to attending the education program.