11th Annual Mind Over Matter
A Tribute to Karl T. David
Grab your family and your bikes and pedal your way to supporting the Alzheimer's Association at the 2015 Mind Over Matter Bike Event!
Date: August 1, 2015
Time: 7:00 a.m. Registration Begins
Location: Par 3 Shelter, Lake St. Clair Metropark, 31300 Metro Parkway, Harrison Township
Contact: Kelly Bailiff 248-996-1060
Click here to register and for more information.
We have a fun way you can help to fundraise for the Alzheimer's Association: DIY Fundraising! Have fun and do good by turning your next event into a personal fundraiser. The possibilities are endless and you get to create your own unique fundraising experience to support the fight against Alzheimer's disease. Whether you plan to raise money and register your team for the Walk to End Alzheimer's, run your first marathon, raise pledges for The Longest Day or simply want to hold a specialty home sale party to raise money to support our work across the Greater Michigan Chapter, we can help.
Examples of DYI Fundraisers
- A birthday, wedding or anniversary celebration where the honorees ask their guests to make contributions
- Holiday, Super Bowl or wine tasting party where guests bring donations.
- A luncheon or casual dress day hosted by a company or one of its departments.
- A historic homes tour sponsored by a civic organization.
DYI Party Fundraiser
To learn more or to find out how to organize a DYI party fundraiser supporting the Greater Michigan Chapter call 800 272 3900 or email Kelly Bailiff.
Your efforts allow us to continue supporting and providing services to the more than 170,000 individuals and their families in Michigan who have Alzheimer's disease.
1. What is a third-party event?
Third party events are fundraising activities conducted by non-affiliated group(s) or individual(s) to benefit the Alzheimer's Association.
2. Am I required to submit my third-party event to the Alzheimer's Association?
Yes, all third-part fundraisers must first be approved by the Alzheimer's Association to ensure all standards and policies are met.
3. How do I submit my third-party events for approval?
Review the third-party event packet and return a completed Event Assessment, which describes the conditions third-part events can be held.
4. Will the Alzheimer's Association staff be able to help me organize my event?
We do not have the resources to provide assistance with event organizations.
5. Can the Alzheimer's Association assist in my event costs?
We are not in a position to supply the funds to pay costs associated with the third-part events.
6. If I want to have a raffle, what is required?
Contact the Alzheimer's Association to request a raffle license and guidelines. Please read, sign and return the form to the Association. We reserve the right to deny raffle licenses requests that do not comply with our standards.
7. Am I able to use the Alzheimer's Association logo to promote my event?
When you event has been approved, the Association will provide the Have Fun, Do Good, End Alzheimer's logo. You are prohibited from using any other flier, service mark, logo or copyrighted material of the Association for your
event. Alzheimer's Association reserves the right to approve all promotional materials which include its logo before printing, distribution and promotion of the event.
8. Can I provide receipts or a donation acknowledgement letter from the Alzheimer's Association?
We provide an acknowledgement letter to the event coordinator for tax purposes. Only donations made directly to the Alzheimer's Association are tax deductible. Any donations made to the event coordinators are not tax deductible and donors will not be provided a receipt. These funds can help the event coordinator cover the costs of the event.
9. What kinds of materials will the Alzheimer's Association provide for the event?
With advance notice, we can provide brochures, fact sheets and donation forms. For a charge, we have wristbands, piggy banks, footballs, etc. Marketing material such as posters, fliers, etc. should be submitted to the Alzheimer's Association for approval before distribution.
10. What publicity does the Alzheimer's Association offer for my event?
Upon request, we will post the event on our Facebook page, four times before the event.
11. Will the Alzheimer's Association provide recognition for third-party events?
Yes, we will recognize donors/individuals who contribute to our organization. The fundraising events will be posted in the Thank You Section of our Special Events page for one month, following the month the event takes place.