Missing Our Mothers: Daughters Remember
Women 18 and older are invited to join us in a time of caring and sharing, as daughters honor the memory of their mothers. A complimentary breakfast will be served. Please bring a framed photo of your mother to share.
Location: Towers Club-Dallas
1601 Elm Street, 48th Floor
Dallas, Texas 75201
*Complimentary parking at Thanksgiving Tower parking garage.*
Date and Time: Saturday, April 25, 2015
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
RSVP: There is no charge to attend but seating is limited.
Please register by April 10, 2015 to sophia.gibsonwilliams@VITAS.com
or call 972.448.6514.
Due to the limited number of seats, we request that the remembrance be an exclusively adult event.
Jean and Bill Booziotis Distinguished Lecture
Join the Center for Vital Longevity at UT Dallas for the free and public lecture Jean and Bill Booziotis Distinguished Lecture, where Dr. Claudia Kawas from University of California at Irvine will talk about her study “Lessons from the Oldest Old: The 90+ Study”. The talk is free, but you must register. Go online to www.cvlinfo.org or call 972.883.3720.
Location: Communities Foundation of Texas
5500 Caruth Haven Lane at Central Expressway
Dallas, Texas 75225
Date and Time: Thursday, April30, 2015
Memories in the Making® Dinner and Auction
Join us for Memories in the Making® Dinner and Auction co-sponsored by Clairmont Longview, Genesis Healthcare and the Alzheimer’s Association.
Memories in the Making® is a therapeutic art program for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia. The silent and live auction will feature beautiful works of art reflecting memories through the eyes of a person with dementia. All funds raised will be applied to the East Texas Walk to End Alzheimer’s, supporting Alzheimer’s research, programs, and services.
When: May 19, 2015
Where: The Reserve
Longview, TX. 75605
$25.00 per person- dinner and door prizes
$200 Table Reservation for 8
Purchase tickets here.
Tickets may be picked up at the "will call" window at the event. Also, if you would like to donate to the auction, please contact Kathy Weeks 903-806-8038.
Thank you in advance.
Criteria for Posting
- Minimum expected audience of 200 people.
- All contact and registration information is the responsibility of the primary host organization.
- The conference program/agenda is subject to review and approval for posting prior to placement on the Greater Dallas AA website.
- The posting will include program content only; there will be no posting of named sponsors.
- Logos will not be posted.
- Content of the program/agenda must be submitted for review at least 2 weeks prior to posting date, using the Association preferred format as follows:
a. Name of event
b. Date of the event
c. Time of the event
d. Location of the event
e. Short narrative of program content, not to exceed 250 words.
7. Placement on the website will not exceed 4 weeks prior to the event and at no time after the conference.