The Alzheimer's Association dedicates donations to providing information, support, programming and services for the thousands affected by Alzheimer's or other form of dementia, who live in the 80 counties we serve. This may include individuals with the diagnosis, but also caregivers and family members who are impacted. We fund research into the cause, treatments, prevention and cure for Alzheimer's.
Some statistics about Alzheimer's disease:
- Alzheimer's affects more than 5 million Americans, including the over 64,000 Iowans.
- By 2050, researchers say as many as 16 million Americans could have the disease.
- Every 66 seconds, someone in America develops Alzheimer's disease; by mid-century someone will develop Alzheimer's disease every 33 seconds.
- Alzheimer's is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States and in Iowa.
- Alzheimer's disease kills more Americans than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- More than half of all Americans know someone with Alzheimer's.
- Alzheimer's disease is the only cause of death among the top 10 in America without a way to prevent, cure or even slow
How To Donate
Alzheimer’s Association Greater Iowa Chapter
1730 28th Street
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Locate your local branch office address by clicking HERE.