The Alzheimer's Association, Greater Illinois Chapter dedicates donations to providing information, support, programming and services for the more than half million Illinois residents affected by Alzheimer's throughout the 68 counties we serve. We also provide information on living a brain-healthy lifestyle and research into the cause, treatments, preventions and cure for Alzheimer's.
The impact of Alzheimer's - both long-lasting and far-reaching - causes us to continually expand our programs, services and support to meet the new and changing needs of Illinois residents wherever they are in the disease process.
- Will help fund the technology needed to provide professional and community education via online training, video conferencing, and audio conferencing.
- Will help us to cover the enrollment costs for the Medic Alert + Safe Return program for needy families.
- Will help us to maintain an updated list of community resources.
- Will enable us to provide translation services in over 160 languages and dialects to limited English proficiency Helpline callers.
- Will provide care navigation services to low-income families.
- Will help provide support group facilitators with information to disseminate to their support group participants.
- Will help fund early stage programs for diagnosed individuals and their families.
- Will help to fund physician outreach efforts.
- Will allow us to increase our outreach efforts to diverse and underserved communities.
Your $50 donation will cover the cost of mailing 25 Helpline information packets.
Your $100 donation will cover the enrollment costs for MedicAlert/Safe Return for two needy families.
Your $500 donation will fund one “Know the Ten Signs: Early Detection Matters” or “Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease: The Basics” education program.
Your $1000 donation will enable Chapter staff to provide 9 Care Navigation appointments to low-income families.
Your $2500 donation will cover the costs associated with providing training, including materials and criminal background checks, for 25 support group facilitators.
Your $5000 donation will allow us to provide ten educational audio conferences to better meet the needs of rural caregivers and caregivers who may not be able to attend community presentations due to transportation issues.
Your $10,000 donation will cover the costs associated with a half-day educational seminar.
To help families affected by Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, we offer our 24-hour Helpline (800.272.3900); support groups as a confidential forum for people to share concerns and receive support; educational programs and workshops for those affected by Alzheimer's, the public and health professionals; and Safe Return® to help find people with memory problems who wander and become lost. We also advocate for quality dementia care and services, and funding for public programs serving people with dementia and funding to accelerate the pace of promising research. Clinical trials are the engine that powers medical progress. Through our TrialMatch® program, researchers test new ways to detect, treat and prevent Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. Without clinical trials, there can be no new treatments or cures.
Thank you, for your support and for helping us serve thousands of families affected by Alzheimer's today and for helping us achieve our vision of a world without Alzheimer's disease.