Education Specialist-Peoria Office
REPORTS TO: Program Director
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Education Specialist role is to educate both family and professional caregivers on Alzheimer’s disease and its impacts.
1. Presents both family and professional care giving programs within assigned geographical areas the Chapter serves.
2. Responsible for training new support group leaders semi-annually and existing leaders annually.
3. Assures that Association support group leader standards are maintained.
4. Researches and submits grants of $10,000 or more to support Chapter programs.
5. Coordinates Train Your Brain education programs within assigned geographical areas the Chapter serves.
6. Provides support for “Slices of the Pie” educaton programs.
7. Reaches out to physicians with “Prescription for Care.”
8. Attends community meetings as assigned (CIAAA and Peoria County TRIAD)
9. Provides backup support to the Helpline Coordinator.
10. Other duties as assigned.
• Normal office environment
• High volume of public contact
• Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight deadlines
• Ability to lift/move 15-20 pounds.
• Computer workstation
• Fax machine
• Copy machine
• Postage machine
Volunteer Website Coordinator
The Central Illinois Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association is looking for a volunteer to help maintain its website. The work would consist of updating information and graphics on the various webpages on the chapter's site for about five hours a week. Interested applicants should contact Public Relations Director Janet Veach at 309.681.1100 or toll free at 800.272.3900, or email: email@example.com.
The chapter's Peoria office, 606 W. Glen Ave., is looking for volunteers for duties that include clerical duties, mailings, staffing the receptionist desk and working health fairs. In-office volunteer hours are 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and 1-5 p.m. Tuesdays, 9-12:30 a.m. Thursdays and 1-5 p.m. Fridays. For more information or to volunteer, call Chris Nauman at 681-1100 or toll free at 800.272.3900, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.