Rock River Area Upcoming Education Programs - June 2014
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
1:00 – 3:00 PM
Protecting What Matters
Rock River Branch
93 S. Hennepin Ave., Dixon
Register by June 3, 2014
Cost $5 per person material charge
Co–funded by the United Way of Lee County
ROCK RIVER AREA
Family caregivers are a critically important part of the healthcare for individuals with dementia. To better equip family caregivers of loved ones in the early to moderate stages of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, we offer the specialized Savvy Caregiver series designed especially for family caregivers.
The 6 week Savvy Caregiver Program is an evidence-based, 12-hour training provided over a six-week period resulting in caregivers who possess greater confidence, greater understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia, and practical skills to improve and support care.
Those completing this course gain:
- Personal knowledge, skills & caregiving perspective
- Skills to assess abilities of their loved one with dementia
- Confidence to set and alter caregiving goals
- Strategies to manage activities of daily living
- Understanding of the disease progression
- Essential abilities to attend to self-care
- How to build a healthcare partnership with professional providing care
The next Savvy class will be held on Wednesday evenings beginning March 5 – April 9, 2014, from 6:00-8:00 PM, at the Rock River office in Dixon. Contact Nancy Sweitzer, Program Director at 800.272.3900 or email@example.com for more details.
Back to top