Alzheimer's Navigator™ is an online assessment program provided by the Alzheimer's Association to help caregivers and people with dementia evaluate their needs, execute action steps and connect with local programs and services.
Following a brief welcome survey, Alzheimer's Navigator users complete a set of focused questions. Their responses identify topics that warrant further exploration ranging from activities of daily life to legal and financial planning to safety precautions. Then users are taken to their personal webpage or “dashboard” where they will find a customized action plan detailing next steps and suggested resources. For example, AZLConnected, the Alzheimer’s Association social network community, might be suggested if the user is seeking the moral support of peers but is unable to attend in-person support groups. When local resources are needed, Alzheimer's Navigator works in conjunction with Community Resource Finder, an online search engine, to locate community programs, services and resources such as adult day care or long-term care facilities.
Users can also create and manage care teams so that multiple people can access and participate in the customized action plan, enabling long-distance caregivers to partake and primary caregivers to share the responsibility.
The Community Resource Finder is the Alzheimer's Association's new online search engine that offers a person with dementia and their caregivers a way to search a comprehensive database to easily locate community programs, services and resources.www.communityresourcefinder.org/
ALZConnected is the first dedicated online social networking community for anyone impacted by Alzheimer's disease. It provides a safe place for people to connect with others in similar situations 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
On ALZConnected, families and people living with Alzheimer’s or another dementia can connect and communicate with people who understand their unique challenges. They can also:
- Post a personal update and read what their “connections” have to share.
- Share questions and opinions with a diverse community via message boards.
- Get answers to questions or support others by offering solutions to their challenges.
- Rate solutions by indicating if that solution has been successful.
- Get connected with others in similar situations. Consider suggested “connections” or invite their own.
- Send private messages to “connections” within a secure system.
- Join public or private groups focused on a topic or shared experience