Saturday, June 1
Run or Walk
You have the chance to join an amazing group of people - the 2013 ALZ Stars Hospital Hill Run Team! Over the past four years this team has raised over $100,000 for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association. Your steps, either running or walking, will help us reach the finish line in our quest to end Alzheimer’s. View pictures highlighting the amazing 2012 team!
2013 ALZ Stars Sponsor
Allie's Village Memory Care Homes
Participation Options for the 2013 Team
- Participate Individually. Runners and walkers of all ages are welcome. In 2012, the ages of our team members ranged from 5 to 72!
- Form a Team. Form your own team...as part of the ALZ Stars team. Make it a family affair, a company team builder, a challenge among friends, etc. Teams will consist of a minimum of 5 members and the team fundraising minimum will be the total of the individuals' fundraising minimums (determinted by his/her chosen distance).
- Volunteer on the Course on Race Day. Not wanting to race but still want to be part of the action? Volunteer as a course marshall or as one of the 30 people needed at the ALZ Stars water aid station. Volunteers contact Shawna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALZ Stars Water Station Crew!
2013 Online Registration is OPEN!
As a part of the ALZ Stars Team, you receive a discounted entry fee
5K Fee = $25 (increases to $30 March 1)
10K Fee = $35 (increases to $49 on March 1)
Half Marathon Fee = $45 (increases to $59 on March 1 )
You DO NOT need to register on the 2013 Hospital Hill Run website! Once you register online on the ALZ Stars site, our staff will then officially register you for the Hospital Hill Run.
If you have already registered on the 2013 Hospital Hill Run site but would now like to join our team, no problem. Contact email@example.com and she'll help you change your registration.
ALZ Stars Fundraising Requirements
The distance you choose to run/walk will determine your required minimum fundraising amount. Remember...these goals are just a starting place.
Important Fundraising Note for Individuals and Teams: If the fundraising minimum is not met by Wednesday, May 29, you will not be given an ALZ Stars shirt, you will not be able to continue on the ALZ Stars team and your race-day bib will be held by Hospital Hill Run staff until you pay their required fee.
|$250 = UMKC School of Medicine 5K
$400 = 10K
$600 = Half Marathon
Amenities for ALZ Stars Team Members
- Opportunity to run or walk in memory or in honor of a loved one touched by Alzheimer’s
- Discounted race entry fee to the 2013 Hospital Hill Run (as noted above)
- New Team Members ONLY: Exclusive ALZ Stars Team race shirt
- All the perks of being an official Hospital Hill Run registrant along with the official HHR shirt
- Free Q&A and Training Blog from Coach K for the Cause (fellow team member and experienced cross country coach, Gary Kruger)
- Chance to win prizes for recruiting other team members and for your fundraising efforts
- Invitation to the ALZ Stars Team Kickoff
- Race day VIP amenities at the ALZ Stars tent in Charity Village including personal gear check, water, snacks, seating, team photo, etc.