Paint the Town Purple
& Raise Awareness to End Alzheimer’s Disease
September is World Alzheimer’s Month — a time to shine a purple light for the millions of individuals world-wide and the 250,000 individuals, family members and caregivers locally affected by Alzheimer's. We need your help to honor those struggling with this disease every day by mobilizing friends, families, neighbors, co-workers and customers to help bring an end to Alzheimer’s disease. The time is now to commit to going purple during World Alzheimer’s Month (WAM). The End of Alzheimer’s Starts with YOU. If you are Interested in partnering with us, complete the WAM Interest Form today!
Take the LeadAlzheimer’s is the nation’s largest underfunded health threat.
By partnering with the Alzheimer’s Association through the high-profile platform of World Alzheimer’s Month, your company can be a leader and have a profound impact on a disease that kills more Americans than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- Promote: Show the power of purple by introducing and/or utilizing a purple product.
- Empower: Schedule an internal Purple with a Purpose event to encourage your employees to raise awareness and proudly wear “The End of Alzheimer’s Starts with Me” stickers. Free stickers are available.
- Declare: Announce your commitment to ending Alzheimer’s through your social media and internal communications.
- Educate: Join the Alzheimer’s Association Early Detection Alliance (AEDA) to educate your employees about the warning signs of Alzheimer’s, the importance of early detection and resources available to help them.
- Compete: Take your involvement one step further and join the Paint the Town Purple to End Alzheimer's Competition.
- Complete the WAM Interest Form today!
Upon the completion and approval of the official WAM agreement form, the Alzheimer's Association - Heart of America Chapter will provide the participating company with recognition on the:
- Chapter WAM web page...see current partners below
- Chapter Facebook page
- WAM promotional email blast sent in September 2012 to more than 3,000 recipients
- Winter 2012 issue of the Chapter newsletter, Memory Matters
- Also, approved participating companies will be given the opportunity to utitlize the official World Alzheimer's Month logo (as seen above) throughout their media outlets in promoting this partnership.
Fountains Splashing Purple some time in September
- JC Nichols Fountain on the Plaza sponsored by Inergy
- Meyers Circle Fountain on Ward Pkwy. sponsored by Vitas Hospice
- Northland Fountain on Vivon Road sponsored by Wexford Place
- Westside Fountain on Southwest Blvd. sponsored by ISC Hospice
- Villa Ventura Senior Living Community
- Sweet Life at Shawnee
- Carroll Plaza & Franklin Park in Prairie Village sponsored by Grace Hospice
Stop by and purchase their featured purple donuts or cupcakes throughout September
- 3 Girls Cupcakes travel all around Kansas City
- 3 Women and an Oven, Overland Park
- Gigi's, Overland Park
- Cupcake Al a Mode, Overland Park
- In the Middle Cupcakes, Lee's Summit
- Sugar Rush, Olathe
- For the Love of Cakes, Independence
- Amazing Cakes, Pleasant Hill
Edible Arrangements of Lenexa will feature an Alzheimer's arrangement and will donate 20% of each one sold
All Metro locations of LaMar's Donuts will be donating a % of sales during the month of September
The Phoenix Jazz Club in downtown Kansas City and Johnny's Tavern in Shawnee will be serving a speciality Forget-me-Not drink all month
Kansas City Pumpkin Patch will open their season by 'going purple' the last weekend in September. Visit their website!
Mac's Sport Pub of Lenexa is hosting a Purple Party on Wednesday, September 19th. See here for details!
Roth Orthodontics will give clients 'extra point' during September if they choose purple for their braces
Stericycle will be spreading awareness all over town by posting a WAM sign on their ever-moving trucks
Senior Star at Villa Ventura is hosting a Purple With A Passionate Purpose on Wednesday, September 5. From 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. pay $5 and enjoy purple drinks and appetizers.
On Septembr 8 from 10am-3pm at Hy-Vee in Shawnee (13550 W. 63rd), The Sweet Life of Shawnee and the Kansas City Chiefs are hosting a day of activities including a bake sale, health screenings, face painting and a car wash. The Chiefs Cheerleaders will sign posters from 11a.m. - Noon and donations to the Alzheimer's Association will be accepted.
On Wednesday, September 19, Cafe Europa will be going purple and donating 20% of dinner sales.
University of Kansas Alzheimer's Disease Center is declaring a company-wide commitment to Alzheimer's awareness!
Groomers will be sending pets home with a purple WAM bandanna
- Man's Best Friend Pet Resort, Belton - Also giving 20% off grooming services in September
- Broadmore Kennels, Shawnee
- Mission Road Animal Clinic, Prairie Village
- Pets for Life traveling all around KC
- Designer Paws Pet Grooming, Lee's Summit
- My Darling Dogs, Lee's Summit
- Summit Pet Care, Lee's Summit
- Groomingdale's, Lee's Summit
- Pete & Mac's Pet Resort, all 3 locations in KC
- Southport Animal Hospital, Lee's Summit
- Bonner Springs Animal Care
- Primp my Pup, Shawnee
- Love of Animals, Lee's Summit
- Tails a Waggin, Overland Park
The Walk to End Alzheimer's Committee of Clinton, Missouri has started their own WAM awareness campaign this September. The events, both fun and educational, are summarized below with more description given on the attached flyer.
- September 1 - Bake Sale at Four Seasons in Home Healthcare, 7:00 am
- September 15 - Garage Sale at the Christian Church, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- September 19 - Educational speaker Marcia Walmer at Golden LivingCenter, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
- September 27 - SeniorFest at the Benson Center, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Judy Kalous is leading the awareness efforts at First National Bank of Junction City the month of September. The Bank will create awareness on their website, on their customer's receipts and throughout their lobby. A community educational event will also be held. For more details, contact the bank at 785.762.4121.
View those taking part in the Paint the Town Purple to End Alzheimer's Contest
View all the Do It Yourself fundraisng events taking place in the upcoming months. We encourage you to join in as many as you can.