the global search for hope
a local call to action
These annual research events showcase the latest news from the research front and highlights the progress scientists are making toward finding better treatments, and eventually a cure, for Alzheimer’s. A question and answer session will be held at the conclusion of each presentation.
2013 Special Presenter: Bruno Giordani, Ph.D.
MADC Associate Director | Professor of Psychiatry, Neurology and Psychology
Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center
Dr. Giordani shared information attained from attending the 2013 Alzheimer's Association International Conference in Boston, Massachusetts - the world’s largest forum for the dementia research community.
* Setting the framework: Alzheimer's disease scope and background
* What’s going on in the brain with Alzheimer’s and what does that tell us about treatment and diagnosis?
* How is this new information incorporated into new diagnostic criteria and research?
* Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC) highlights (alz.org/aaic)
- New therapeutics and approaches to clinical trials
- New information on risk factors
- Early Detection approaches
- New political strategies in the coming year
Additional Research resources: