Web-based training programs
CARES: A Dementia Caregiving Approach
This affordable, Web-based program has six one-hour training modules that are geared primarily to direct care workers, particularly nursing assistants. Each module uses text and streaming video to illustrate how to best care for people with dementia living in residential care settings. Topics include:
- Clara Jones and her Care Team
- Introduction to Dementia
- Understanding Behavior as Communication
- Making a Connection with the Resident
- Eating Well
- Recognizing Pain
For a description of the modules, pricing plans and a free demo, go to http://www.caresprogram.com/
Dementia Care Training for Team Leaders
This program provides guidance for those who supervise others involved in the care of people with dementia: nurses, unit coordinators, administrators, activity directors or others in leadership positions. After this training you will be able to:
- Identify and implement methods to facilitate teamwork.
- Select and use improved communication and supervisory practices.
- Identify techniques and deliver meaningful feedback to members of your team.
- Recognize and create an environment that motivates staff.
This course costs $25 per person and volume discounts are available. For a free demo and to register, go to: The Dementia Care Training for Team Leaders site.