This interactive program is for people in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia.
The diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease is life-changing and leads to many questions. What will this mean for me and my family? How do I plan for the future? Where can I get the help I need?
Join us for this three-part program where you will hear from others who have been where you are. We will discuss what you need to know, what you need to plan, and what you can do as you navigate this chapter of your life.
Topics covered will include:
• Understanding Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss
• Partnering with your medical team
• Effective communication and telling others about the diagnosis
• Coping with changes and making decisions
• Daily strategies and safety issues
• Opportunities for supporting research
• Resources for people with early-stage
Three (3) two-hour sessions
This program is underwritten in part by a generous gift in honor of Marilyn and Stefan Tucker.
Click here to see a list of upcoming programs. For more information or to register by phone, call us at 703.359.4440.