MedicAlert® + Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return® is a 24-hour nationwide emergency response service for individuals with Alzheimer's or a related dementia who wander or have a medical emergency. We provide 24-hour assistance, no matter when or where the person is reported missing. The service provides assistance when a person wanders or is lost, and access to vital medical information in the time of need.
How MedicAlert® + Safe Return® works
If an individual with Alzheimer's or a related dementia wanders and becomes lost, caregivers can call the 24-hour emergency response line (1.800.625.3780) to report it. A community support network will be activated, including local Alzheimer Association chapters and law enforcement agencies, to help reunite the person who wandered with the caregiver or a family member. With this service, critical medical information will be provided to emergency responders when needed. If a citizen or emergency personnel finds the person with dementia, they can call the toll-free number listed on person's MedicAlert + Safe Return ID jewelry. MedicAlert + Safe Return will notify the listed contacts, making sure the person is returned home.
Benefits of MedicAlert® + Safe Return® membership
- Provides you peace of mind
- Provides vital medical information to emergency responders
- Live 24-hour emergency response service for wandering and medical emergencies
- 24-hour family notification service
- 24-hour care consultation services provided by master's level counselors
MedicAlert® + Safe Return® enrollment package
MedicAlert + Safe Return provide an ID bracelet or pendant to be worn by the individual with dementia.
$55 + $7 shipping and handling, you receive an enrollment package including:
- Member's ID jewelry with personalized information and MedicAlert + Safe Return's 24-hour emergency toll-free number
- Personalized emergency wallet card
- 24-hour emergency response service
- Personal health record (PHR)
- Six Steps to a Safe Return magnet
(Optional) Add $35 for caregiver ID jewelry and membership
- Membership includes everything listed above
- The caregiver wears this worldwide-recognized ID jewelry to alert others that he or she provides care for a MedicAlert + Safe Return member, in case of an emergency
$35 annual renewal fee
An annual fee of $35 will be due after the first year for each membership.
There are four easy ways to join MedicAlert + Safe Return:
1. Online: www.medicalert.org/safereturn
2. Call: 1.888.572.8566
Completed enrollment form and photos can be mailed to:
MedicAlert + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return
2323 Colorado Blvd.
Turlock, CA 95380
4. Fax: Registration form to 1.800.863.3429