The Alzheimer's Association dedicates donations to providing information, support, awareness, family and community education and advocacy to people living with Alzheimer’s disease and their families in Northern California and Northern Nevada.
The Alzheimer’s Association walks with families throughout the Alzheimer’s journey, which can last from two to 20 years. We continually expand our programs, services and support to meet the new and changing needs of families, wherever they are in the disease process. Consider the following:
- Today, Alzheimer's affects more than 5 million Americans, as well as their families and caregivers
- By 2050, the number of Americans with Alzheimer's disease could reach 16 million.
- One in nine people age 65 and over has Alzheimer's and one out of three over age 85 has the disease
- One out of every three seniors will either die from or with dementia
- Alzheimer’s kills more people each year than prostate cancer and breast cancer combined
- Alzheimer’s is the only cause of death in the top 10 that cannot be prevented, cured or slowed
To help families affected by Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, we offer our 24-hour Helpline (800.272.3900); support groups as a confidential forum for people to share concerns and receive support; educational programs and workshops for those affected by Alzheimer's, the public and health professionals; and Safe Return® to help find people with memory problems who wander and become lost. We also advocate for policies that benefit Alzheimer’s families, such as quality dementia care and increased research funding.
Thank you, for your support and for helping us serve thousands of families affected by Alzheimer's today and for helping us achieve our vision of a world without Alzheimer's disease.