Professional Training Calendar
Education Conferences for Families and Care Professionals
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) available
Yountville Community Center
Aegis Living of Napa
Home Instead Senior Care
Upcoming Care Academy Training:
No training are currently scheduled.
Alzheimer's Care Academy
Pre-registration required. Continuing education units available.
Train for Results
The Alzheimer’s Care Academy™ is the premier training program in quality dementia care from the Alzheimer’s Association. Created from evidence-based research and field-tested, the Academy provides in-depth training in all key aspects of dementia care
- Targeted Audiences
- Sample Program
- Continuing Education Availability
- Contact us for a Proposal
- What is Alzheimer’s disease?
- Communication: how staff can influence the dementia resident
- Key ingredients for managing challenging behaviors
- Helping with hygiene and personal care
- Creative approaches to activity programming
- Enhancing mealtime
- Reducing pain
- Sexuality and Intimacy in the Long Term Care setting
- Medical issues in late stage dementia
- Connecting with the person in late stage dementia
- Touching the spirit; dealing with loss
- Special care needs in late stage dementia
- Call us about new offerings
The Alzheimer’s Care Academy™ builds upon our award-winning Training for Dignity™ curriculum. The Alzheimer’s Care Academy™ modules can be tailored to meet the needs of both the professional and paraprofessional staff person, and are coordinated to California state-mandated requirements for CNA, RCFE and nursing home staff. Training programs are offered onsite for facility staff (attendance up to 25), tailored to specific needs and schedule.
The comprehensive curriculum includes an initial 6 hours*, covering either:
Early to Middle Stage Dementia
Middle to Late Stage Dementia
Translation is available in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese upon request.
Trainings are available as one initial 6-hour training, two 3-hour trainings, or three 2-hour trainings.
After the training, we offer a complementary 2 hour follow up training if requested within 4 months. You may pick and choose between any modules listed above, relating to early to middle-stage dementia, middle to late-stage dementia, or from the modules below:
• Enhancing Mealtime: Awareness (1 Hour)
The Alzheimer’s Association is a licensed provider of continuing education in the following disciplines:
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences LCSW and LMFT(Provider #PCE1121)
- Department of Health Services CNA and HHA (Provider #NAC6329)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider #CEP12415) for Contact Hours
- Board of Nursing Home Administrator (Provider #CEP1546)
- Department of Social Services for RCFE Administrator (Provider #1000-205-740-2)
Quotes from participants:
“I loved this program—it’s one-stop shopping for direct care staff like me.”
“The facilitator was great. She taught me how to be patient and improve my listening skills.”
“I saw the task from another’s point of view.”
Competitive Prices, Flexible Session Plans
Contact Alzheimer's Association for a proposal 800-272-3900, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alzheimer’s Association Learning Academy
This online curriculum makes high quality dementia care training affordable, convenient and accessible to any professional working with the elderly. Eight self-paced modules are available. The fee is $20 per module and topics include:
- Overview of Dementia
- Medications for Behavioral Problems
- Managing Difficult Behaviors
- Working With Families
- Elder Abuse Reporting Laws
- Personal Care & Special Needs
Alzheimer’s Association® essentiALZ®
Alzheimer’s Association® essentiALZ® is an online individual certification program that provides recognition for knowledge of quality dementia care practices.
The Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ certification program combines approved dementia care training with Alzheimer’s Association online certification exams. EssentiALZ offers two levels of certification— essentiALZ and essentiALZ Plus.
The essentiALZ exam tests knowledge of evidence-based dementia care practices that are promoted in the nationally recognized Alzheimer’s Association Dementia Care Practice Recommendations and supported by more than 30 leading health and senior care organizations.
EssentiALZ Plus requires more in-depth knowledge of Alzheimer’s care techniques and specialties. Individuals must be certified in essentiALZ prior to taking any of the essentiALZ Plus exams.
Visit www.alz.org/essentialz to learn more.