OFF to the RACES!Saturday, April 30, 2016
Mineral Springs, NC
Volunteers will be needed for next year's Queen's Cup. Be sure to check back with us in January to learn more at that time.
The Queen’s Cup is like no other sporting and social event in the Charlotte region. Thousands come to see some of the most athletic thoroughbreds compete at speeds of up to 30 miles per hour. The jockeys, dressed in bright colored silks, push their sleek steeds to clear four and a half foot jumps over a two and a quarter to as much as three mile rolling turf course.
The Alzheimer’s Association of Western Carolina is honored to be named this year’s featured charity partner of the 21st Annual Queen's Cup Steeplechase.
- Traffic (Greet vehicles on race grounds & verify credentials)
- Tailgate Ushers (Direct vehicles & engage with patrons in tailgate spaces)
- VIP Parking (Direct vehicles in preferred parking areas)
- Race Day Set Up (6am start time)
- Odd Jobs (Fill in as needed)
- Raffle Ticket Sales
- Crossing Guards
- Tailgate Contest Judge
- After Race Party Setup and Ticket Sales (2:30 - 6:30)
- Shuttle Services (Direct & provide information to patrons riding shuttles)
PLEASE NOTE: An onsite training prior to the event is required
We hope you will grab a friend or family member and join our staff in spending a wonderful day in the beautiful Piedmont.
Experience the Thrill of the Chase®