September is World Alzheimer's Awareness Month; Alzheimer's Action Day is September 21.
In addition to joining the Walk to End Alzheimers, during World Alzheimer’s Awarenss Month in September, you can help fight the stigma surrounding Alzheimer’s disease, educate others about the disease, and begin to change the way we look at Alzheimer's.
Help us to create a conversation across the globe:
• Speak up about the facts: Alzheimer’s is NOT normal aging or “a little memory loss,” it is a progressive and fatal disease.
• Share your story about overcoming stigma around Alzheimer’s disease at alz.org/WAM.
• Visit alz.org/WAM for tips on how to handle stigma surrounding Alzheimer’s disease.
• End ALZ on Facebook. Turn Facebook purple by using our graphic as your profile picture. Tell your friends why you’re fighting Alzheimer’s and ask them to join you.
Turn Facebook and Twitter purple
Last year, more than 25,000 people on Facebook changed their profile picture to our "END ALZ" graphic during the week of Alzheimer's Action Day. This year, with your help, we will engage even more supporters to "Go Purple" through social media. During the week of Sept. 17, change your profile picture on both Facebook and Twitter to the "END ALZ" graphic to start the trend. It can be done in three easy steps. Here's how:
1. Right click on the END ALZ graphic and save to your computer.
2. Log into your Facebook account. Move your cursor over the upper right-hand of your current profile picture and select "Change Picture."
3. Use the browse function to locate and upload the END ALZ graphic from your computer.
Check back closer to September for suggested tweets and status updates for your chapter throughout WAM.
Please register to Walk to End Alzheimer's and recruit your friends and family to join you in supporting the Alzheimer's Association through this fun event!