We're grateful for all those who give and raise funds for the work of the Alzheimer's Association. There are many ways you can provide help to your neighbors and friends currently living with Alzheimer’s and provide hope to generations to come. The Northeastern New York Alzheimer's Association is a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and your gifts are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
Donations by check can be mailed to: Alzheimer's Association Northeastern New York Chapter, 4 Pine West Plaza, Suite 405, Albany, NY 12205.
When making a donation on-line or by phone, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your name and contact information,
- Credit card number, expiration date and billing address, and
- If you are making a gift in someone's honor, you will also need the name and address of the individual to receive a memorial or tribute card.
You may phone us at 518-867-4999 or 800-272-3900 to make a direct donation with a MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover credit card.
Or, to make an online donation by credit card, click here.
Memorials and Tributes
When you make a donation, you will be asked if you wish to make a gift in your own name, or in someone's honor. If you are mailing your donation, please supply the information outlined below when you send us your check. You can make a gift in someone's honor in one of the following ways:
A memorial gift may be given in honor of an individual who has passed away. Upon receipt of your gift, we will send a memorial card to the family of the deceased and a thank you note to you. The card does not specify the amount of the gift.
- A tribute gift is an opportunity to acknowledge a special occasion for a friend, family member, or colleague. We will mark the occasion by sending a card to the person you designate that announces the gift but not the amount. We will also send an acknowledgement to you.
Car Donation Program
A car donation is one of the simplest ways to make a gift to the Alzheimer's Association. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and recreational vehicles are gladly accepted throughout the United States. Even if your vehicle will not start, we may accept it. For a vehicle donation form click here. For additional information, please call our chapter at 800-272-3900 or send an email email@example.com.
Receive positive recognition and high visibility for your business or community organization by sponsoring one of our special events. Choose to sponsor one or more of the following events: Walks to End Alzheimer's held in seventeen counties throughout the Northeastern New York, the annual Gala event, or the Longest Day, held each June 21. Please call 800-272-3900 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host a Third Party Event
Third party events are fundraising activities hosted by individuals, families, organizations, and companies, through which proceeds are raised to benefit the Northeastern New York Alzheimer's Association. Anyone can host a third party event. They are a great way to become involved in your community, and are a lot of fun at the same time! For more information on Third Party Events, visit our Have Fun, Do Good, End Alzheimer's page.
Employee Giving Programs
Employee giving programs make it easy for individuals to contribute to the work of the Alzheimer's Association by designating a specific amount to be deducted from their paychecks. If you have an existing employee giving program, please consider the Northeastern New York Alzheimer's Association as your designated charity. In addition, many companies have matching gift programs that maximize employee gifts. Please call 800-272-3900 for more information or email email@example.com.
Life Income Gifts
The Alzheimer’s Association offers two types of life income arrangements:
- Charitable gift annuity — The charitable gift annuity pays a donor a rate of return for one or two lives. Rates, established by the American Council of Gift Annuities, are reviewed annually. For example, a husband and wife, ages 74 and 72, could get an annual rate of 6.1 percent for their lifetimes, with quarterly payments. The rate is based on the age of the donor. The older the donor, the higher the payment rate, up to a current high of 11.3 percent per year.
- Charitable remainder trust — Under a charitable remainder trust, you make a gift to the Association in a trust, reserving the income to yourself, another person, or yourself and another person, either for life or a set numbers of years. At the end of the trust, the remaining assets are distributed to the Association. Charitable remainder trusts are complex legal instruments. Consequently, the use of an attorney and professional trustee, such as a bank trust department, is advisable.
Please call 800-272-3900 for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bequests are gifts made through a will or living trust. They are especially popular for people who want to make a gift of significant size, but who cannot give up income or capital during their lifetime. Many attornies have their own style for drafting wills. However, the following statement contains the necessary elements for making a bequest to the Alzheimer's Association Northeastern New York Chapter:
"I hereby give, devise and bequeath [enter amount, proportionate share, remainder or specific property, as intended] to the Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Association Northeastern New York Chapter, 4 Pine West Plaza, Suite 405, Albany, New York 12205."
For more information on making a bequest, call 800-272-3900, or email email@example.com.
Retirement Account Assets and IRA's
Designate the Northeastern New York chapter of the Alzheimer's Association as the contingent beneficiary on your policy. Please call 800-272-3900 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate an existing policy or include us as a beneficiary of your existing policy. Please call 800-272-3900 for more information or email email@example.com. If you have any questions about your gift or would like to further discuss gift opportunities and approaches in conjunction with your estate planning, please give us a call.
Join the Cause
Develop a family, community and/or company team for the Walk to End Alzhiemer's or design an event of your own design. Email Sarah O'Higgins or call her at 518-867-4999 ext. 304 to learn about opportunties.