A ten hour workshop, which focuses on a person-centered care approach, is conducted in a supportive and nonjudgmental environment. The training is offered at a variety of times in order to accommodate diverse schedules of Caregivers.
This interactive educational program is designed to improve the quality of life of the Caregiver and the Person With Dementia. Topics covered include: Understanding Dementia; Effective Communication (Verbal and Non-Verbal) Strategies; All Behaviors Have Meaning; Safety in the Home; Caring for the Caregiver; and Designing Strength-Based Activities.
These meetings are ONLY for family & friends caring for people with dementia. Registration for these meetings is MANDATORY. Please call our 24-hour Helpline at 800.272.3900 to register.
Workshops are held on a regular basis, please call our 24-hr Helpline at 800-272-3900 for upcoming meetings.
A 10-hour seminar devoted to the needs of the family caregiver.
The goals of the workshop are to:
- Provide knowledge about Alzheimer's disease and insight into the thoughts and experience
of the person with dementia
- Inform caregivers about communication changes in Alzheimer's disease
- Assist caregivers in developing practical skills to enhance ongoing communication
- Present ways to understand the behaviors associated with Alzheimer's disease and helpful
strategies for managing them
- Encourage self care
- Provide emotional support to caregivers in a safe and nonjudgmental environment
- Offer access to available resources
Please call our 24-hour Helpline at 800.272.3900 for information regarding upcoming workshops.
These programs are made possible by the generous support of Forest Laboratories, Inc., with additional funding from Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, Inc., the NYS Department of Health, EmblemHealth, and Eisai Inc. and Pfizer Inc