Bilingual Social Worker
The Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter is dedicated to working with those New Yorkers and their caregivers who struggle with the devastating impact of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
The Chapter's Care Consultation program supports New York's Alzheimer's community through the provision of information, referral, short-term counseling, and crisis intervention.
We are seeking a dynamic, compassionate social worker--MSW or Master's degree in a related field required--to serve as a full-time bilingual English/Spanish Care Consultant.
This position reports to the Vice President, Director of Education, Outreach & Caregiver Services.
The Bilingual Care Consultant will:
• Provide needs assessments, assistance with planning & problem solving, and provision of support (including information & referral, supportive listening, and follow-up) to individuals and families dealing with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
• Provide follow-up to cases referred through internal Chapter programs and services.
• Assist with applications for benefits and entitlements, including but not limited to Medicaid and Medicaid home care.
• Provide assistance with translation and interpretation of documents.
• Utilize database to record all case notes and demographic information in a timely fashion on clients with whom you work.
• Advocate with other community based agencies to ensure services are rendered appropriately.
• Moderate and/or facilitate monthly education meeting
• (L)MSW or an advanced degree in a related field required
• Bilingual English/Spanish required
• Experience with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias strongly preferred
• Knowledge of NYC benefits & entitlements programs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Occasional evening/weekend work required by all staff
• Strong computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel & Internet
• Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
For consideration send cover letter and resume to Matt Kudish at email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls.