Family caregivers are a critically important part of the healthcare for individuals with dementia. To better equip family caregivers of loved ones in the early to moderate stages of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, we offer the specialized Savvy Caregiver Plus class series designed especially for family caregivers.
The 6 week Savvy Caregiver Plus Program is an evidence-based, 12-hour training provided over a six-week period, resulting in caregivers who possess greater confidence, greater understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, and practical skills to improve and support care.
Those completing this nationally acclaimed course gain:
- Personal knowledge, skills & caregiving perspective
- Skills to assess abilities of their loved one with dementia
- Confidence to set and alter caregiving goals
- Strategies to manage activities of daily living
- Understanding of the disease progression
- Essential abilities to attend to self-care
For questions please contact a Helpline Specialist at 949.757.3770.